Cleaner Crew Questions

chrissymoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What recommendations do you have for a cleaner crew for a 125g tank? Also, do they need to be quarantined before placing them in the tank like the fish? Thanks!

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Technically speaking, with the animals (such as snails), come their water. So if you have valuable fish and are adding a large CUC, you might in fact want to quarantine. Just my 2-cents, of course.

Jmcg89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes quarentine! Ich and velvet encrusted stage can live on their shells. I do 45 days, I just have a 20 long I keep running with no fish.

OP
OP
C

chrissymoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes quarentine! Ich and velvet encrusted stage can live on their shells. I do 45 days, I just have a 20 long I keep running with no fish.
Do you use the 20 long for fish quarantine as well? What chemicals do I treat them with? Also, how did you set up the quarantine tank?

sorry! I’m super new to this… we got a 2 year old established tank and I haven’t added anything to it yet aside from the fish and few hermit crabs it came with. I’m looking to add a clean up crew before I put more fish.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know where is usually the best place to purchase them? A local fish store? A website?
Fellow enthusiasts, especially those who really do know what an actual peppermint shrimp is (most fish stores do not) and can provide you with inverts from disease-free tanks.

Jmcg89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you use the 20 long for fish quarantine as well? What chemicals do I treat them with? Also, how did you set up the quarantine tank?

sorry! I’m super new to this… we got a 2 year old established tank and I haven’t added anything to it yet aside from the fish and few hermit crabs it came with. I’m looking to add a clean up crew before I put more fish.
Nope I keep a fish free tank for corals and inverts with no chemicals, just 45 days of fishless time. I set it up with water and a few rocks from my display tank so it was cycled and just run a heater,light and a small powerhead on it.

For my Fish QT I use another 2 tanks and do whats called tank transfer Method or TTM and 2 doses of prazipro during that time.

There are many different ways to do QT and a lot of info out there!

Search HumbleFish on here and his site for some great info on QT time and treatments.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 53 43.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 57 46.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back