Cloudy water after adding corals

REEF91

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve added a couple of soft corals to my 125 gallon reef tank I used two little fishes revive coral cleaner as a dip before i added one of my corals into the tank everything was good for solid 8 hours I went to sleep woke up and tank was cloudy white I ended up doing a water change and that solved my problem but I added another coral about two days later didn’t use the dip this time to see if it was that and same thing woke up to a cloudy tank what’s going on ?

Revive Coral Cleaner​

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve added a couple of soft corals to my 125 gallon reef tank I used two little fishes revive coral cleaner as a dip before i added one of my corals into the tank everything was good for solid 8 hours I went to sleep woke up and tank was cloudy white I ended up doing a water change and that solved my problem but I added another coral about two days later didn’t use the dip this time to see if it was that and same thing woke up to a cloudy tank what’s going on ?

Revive Coral Cleaner​

Sounds like a bacterial bloom to me its not the coral dip

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, 2 frags being dipped in coral dip and added to a 125 gallon tank should not do anything, I doubt its the coral or the dip.

If you can share more details about your tank folks can help you get to the bottom of it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back