Clown fish fighting

ahunter26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I have a pair of clown fish that I bought about 6 months ago and they were best buddies. About 2 days ago they started bitting each other and won’t stop fighting and trying to kill each other. They were juveniles when I got them and are about the same size one inch roughly. I’m not sure if I should separate them or let them fight it out. What should I do?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I have a pair of clown fish that I bought about 6 months ago and they were best buddies. About 2 days ago they started bitting each other and won’t stop fighting and trying to kill each other. They were juveniles when I got them and are about the same size one inch roughly. I’m not sure if I should separate them or let them fight it out. What should I do?
If they are the same size they will fight to determine who will change to be female. It will stop if one is dead or submits. You can try separating and then re introducing

OP
OP
A

ahunter26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are the same size they will fight to determine who will change to be female. It will stop if one is dead or submits. You can try separating and then re introducing
What do you think should I do tho… should I separate them or let them have at it until one submits?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you think should I do tho… should I separate them or let them have at it until one submits?
It depends on how bad it os, Ive separated pairs and Ive let others keep at it. I separate them if one looks like its really beat up and possibly going to die. Only had one pair where that was the issue. You can also pull one and get a different clown about half the size to make the process go smoother

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 75 71.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.8%
Back