Clownfish bonding and mating

Lalaallieu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got two clowns from live aquaria. I got a black ice and a black and white ocellaris. They pretty much paired and bonded quickly. They did the dance, fought a little with the black ice nipping at the other for some time, and now they’ve decided to host my frogspawn. How can I tell age of the clowns? I’ve heard females can’t begin to breed until much later. I suppose they’re probably around an inch and a half or something. I swear they’ve gotten so much bigger since I purchased them! Will I only know they’re paired once they start breeding or is there another way to tell?

B53A30BB-C88C-47AD-AEED-554BD2F992AC.jpeg A696D2FF-5513-4B91-9CE4-41175DF7E20D.jpeg

Adrianna

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you had any luck yet? I wish for my pair to bond and have babies, but I can't tell if they are bonded. I got them from a local fish store in June, they were together there, and the first fish in my new tank. I've since gotten more fish and they don't hangout together much yet. My tank is 125 gallons, so there is a lot of space and I just got my first coral about a week ago and it's just a zoa. I do want a nem for them. Would getting a nem help them more? They aren't very big yet, but they have grown since getting them.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 53 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back