Clownfish injury or illness

newnoobreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday my 2 clownfish were perfectly fine i got home from work ready to feed and noticed something on one of my clownfish mouth it looks like my 2 clown fish we’re fighting and both of them have a something on there mouth with what looks like blood one is worse than the other really worried what should i do i just checked the parameters everything checks out just fine have had them for about 4-5 months please help IMG_0670.jpeg IMG_0669.jpeg IMG_0667.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0663.mov
    37.4 MB

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would somehow separate the 2 of them if it is fighting. Clownfish are very territorial especially if they are 2 females they will fight sometimes to the death in order to establish dominance. Do you know how old they were when introduced into the tank together?

OP
OP
N

newnoobreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would somehow separate the 2 of them if it is fighting. Clownfish are very territorial especially if they are 2 females they will fight sometimes to the death in order to establish dominance. Do you know how old they were when introduced into the tank together?
Not to sure how old they were i got the smallest ones i could get they were way smaller a couple months ago my other fish seem to be doing good its just my 2 clown

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to sure how old they were i got the smallest ones i could get they were way smaller a couple months ago my other fish seem to be doing good its just my 2 clown
If you suspect aggression between them I reccomend separating them. Breeder box, QT tank, or just drain some tank water and put it in a bucket until it calms down. But in all seriousness I would get a better opinion

OP
OP
N

newnoobreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you suspect aggression between them I reccomend separating them. Breeder box, QT tank, or just drain some tank water and put it in a bucket until it calms down. But in all seriousness I would get a better opinion
Okay thanks u for the advice

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 167 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.6%
Back