Clownfish with ich I think?

EZMAC114

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well from what I've read is that reef safe treatments don't really work and yeah sorry I forgot you said you had one. I would try and move what you can to try and catch him again or maybe try two nets and use one net to scare him into the other

OP
OP
R

RRaquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which brings me to another problem since I know the ich attack stuff won't will the tetra lifegaurd all in one?

OP
OP
R

RRaquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I thought but the LFS lady said it would work that could be BS but not like I have a lot of choices sadly.

OP
OP
R

RRaquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the tetra lifegaurd stuff when I was there so if I can catch the fish I can try it I hope it will work.

OP
OP
R

RRaquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to try and catch him and use the tetra stuff if it works great I just don't want to turn this 14$ clown into a 40-50$ know what I mean?

OP
OP
R

RRaquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I can't catch him I'm going to try to keep that water really clean with lots of water changes and keep him well feed and hope he pulls through.

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I can't catch him I'm going to try to keep that water really clean with lots of water changes and keep him well feed and hope he pulls through.

this is a very viable option. make sure to feed a varied diet and the fish may be fine. If it's that much trouble to catch it which will cause stress as will removal to another tank and medication. One thing to keep in mind is that if it is ich (which we're not 100% positive, correct?) then it will remain in your tank - the only way to eradicate it is to go fishless in your tank for at least 8 weeks. I believe that if you keep your fish well fed, have good husbandry then it's possible to keep ich at bay.

OP
OP
R

RRaquariums

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's been two days and he's doing fine the white dots are gone and his fin looks good again so I'm assuming it wasn't ich I've just been feeding him really good and I did a nice sized water change.
Anyways thanks for the advice guys :)

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here your asking for help, and the members here are providing great information. It seem you have a lot invested on your corals, but you don't want to take the necessary steps to get that clownfish out. A 25 gallon tank is not that big of a tank. I would move some rocks and corals to get a sick $14 fish out of your display. Seriously, I would move mountains then losing $100 or $1000's of dollars. Welcome to the hobby!

LatinKing

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White spots on a fish is usually ich, QT that fish at least for 4 wks. Did you know ich can come back especially with clownfish.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back