Clownfish/Wrassle/CUC food

DustinDec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firstly, I want to apologize as I'm aware this type of question is not uncommon. But I'm trying to get a bit more tailored response and hoping for feedback.

I'm currently rotating between:

1. New Life spectrum marine fish pellets
  2. Formula One Flakes
  3. Saltwater multi-pack four varieties of food (marine cruisine, Emerald entree, omega brine shrimp, plankton)
  4. Good partner multi-algae tablets (primarily targeting my turbo snail​
Current Tank habitants:
  1. Cleaner Shrimp
  2. 2 x clown fish
  3. Exquisite fairy wrasse
  4. Turbo Snail
  5. Tiger Conch
  6. Duncan
Tank: Flex Fluval 32.5g

My Turbo Snail (Gary)'s shell is getting a bit pale, but otherwise is seemingly active. All the fish are very active, even the Wrasse is coming out increasingly. Duncan is growing well. The Tiger Conch (Tony the tiger) seems to be doing well, though he has periods of inactivity.

I've tried target feeding my Tony and Gary, but they never take food from me directly (e.g. via tongs). To target feed, I'll use tons to place a couple algae tablets near Gary and I'll use a turkey baster to pump some of the thawed food from the saltwater multi-pack around Tony. I'll also do this for my Duncan twice a week, directly.

Typically the rest I'll spread around the tank with my Nero 3 heads off, just running the pump circulating water.

That said, my goal is to rotate between different foods to ensure a healthy diet. The fish and shrimp are typically solid with thawed food and flakes, but no one seems interested in the pellets at all. And I really can't tell if Tony/Gary are getting enough good. They've been doing great at cleaning the tank, my rocks are only lightly brown now typically. But how can I tell if they're doing well and should I bother continuing with pellets? They (pellets) often just sit in the sand after falling to the bottom of the tank or get caught in filter floss.

I understand I'm probably overthinking here, but I'm trying my best and new to all of this so I appreciate the feedback!

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they dont eat the pellets then stop. If you are worried about not eating feed some live food. Black worms, White worms, Live brine shrimp ( not very nutritious but its like fish candy). Frozen blood worms too ( maybe part of the multi pack )

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 73.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back