Clowns hiding?

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two clowns in my 29g and they have been doing fine for last few months but now for some reason they have been hiding in a corner all day. The larger comes out once in awhile but the little one comes out grabs food then hides again. Could the little one be getting sick?

I don't have a hospital tank setup but if need be I can get one going but I'd need to order some type of medication.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty common they pick a spot and kind of nest there like they would if they had a nem host, may be all you are seeing.
Maybe post pics

OP
OP
Jisko

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see anything on him just weird to see him chilling behind the rock. I did add 5 corals and a brittle star the other day so I hope something didnt come off one of them

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The corals can and will bring a parasite into the tank, but clowns are weird in any case. It could just be that they have chosen a spot to host and that's what they are doing. Any heavy breathing? Color fading? Lack or appetite? Lethargy? Flashing or scratching? Swimming into the flow of a powerhead?

OP
OP
Jisko

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The corals can and will bring a parasite into the tank, but clowns are weird in any case. It could just be that they have chosen a spot to host and that's what they are doing. Any heavy breathing? Color fading? Lack or appetite? Lethargy? Flashing or scratching? Swimming into the flow of a powerhead?
he swims facing down or in the same spot for hours. I don't notice anything other then that and he is swimming under or away from the powerheads.

Any new additions? Anything wet - fish, corals, inverts?
2 corals, 1 fish and a brittle star from my old tank which was over a year old.
3 corals from a fish store that were all dipped and put on new plugs

OP
OP
Jisko

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say he comes out swims all over during feeding then goes back to his corner

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are definitely wierd. Mine will go through spurts like that and when I look at the tank from across the room, they're out and about with the chromis. Hope yours are fine and just being strange.

OP
OP
Jisko

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are definitely wierd. Mine will go through spurts like that and when I look at the tank from across the room, they're out and about with the chromis. Hope yours are fine and just being strange.
yeah same here :[

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say he comes out swims all over during feeding then goes back to his corner

I'd go with the "wait and see" approach on this one. It sounds like he's just being a weird clownfish. mine act weird all the time and do things that make me concerned for a bit. But I sit and watch them from the couch and usually come to the conclusion that they are just nuts.

OP
OP
Jisko

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd go with the "wait and see" approach on this one. It sounds like he's just being a weird clownfish. mine act weird all the time and do things that make me concerned for a bit. But I sit and watch them from the couch and usually come to the conclusion that they are just nuts.

well id rather have a weird fish then a sick one :)

OP
OP
Jisko

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This clown is really weird... been here since I woke up
0_o

20170315_124054.jpg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 84 48.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back