CO2 Regulator

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here let me know if this can be rebuilt? It was in my closet for an eon. I dusted it off and threw on a new co2 tank. When I turned on the tank the working pressure valve went insane and tried to spin around twice. (Valve was all the way open of course) I shut the tank off and it went down, then slowly turned tank back on. Working pressure was 20psi. So bumped it up to 41. Tested it last night for a few hours. All was well. This morning I hear this CO2 dumping. It is coming from the nut that holds on the working pressure gauge. I noticed there is a bit of rust around the gauge as well. Should I just buy a new one, or is this gauge worth the effort?

regulator.png

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try your luck with some teflon tape on the thread of the pressure gauge..

Gently remove the gauge, apply the tape and put it back together again hand tight

1707425734343.png

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went to Milwaukee and bought some parts. New gauge and some loctite. When I took this bad boy apart it had water in it. Had to be in there forever. Rusted everything. The gauge was just another symptom. I also ordered another one just to keep me going for now. If I can rebuild this broken one it would make a decent dual stage calcium reactor for a future, much bigger tank.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went to Milwaukee and bought some parts. New gauge and some loctite. When I took this bad boy apart it had water in it. Had to be in there forever. Rusted everything. The gauge was just another symptom. I also ordered another one just to keep me going for now. If I can rebuild this broken one it would make a decent dual stage calcium reactor for a future, much bigger tank.
Most welding supply stores will rebuild them.. airgas etc.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have capped bad gauges in the past and just lived without them. I don't really care what they say... they are not usually accurate anyway... I have no idea if the low side is 12 or 40 as long as the output is steady.

I have some dual stage victors with oil filled gauges all the way down to cheap, reef garage sale regulators. If I needed another one, I would just get a Tunze - plenty reliable and reasonably priced.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back