Controlling salinity with apex

Cary Meredith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok let's start, I am dosing tropic marin 3 part balling and it was stated might see salinity creep up. So I thought perfect time to get an apex with salinity probe to monitor. Started thinking can I automatically remove salt water if salinity creeps up above a certain level and let ato automatically refill to lower salinity. I believe this is possible with use of the fmm module and pmup utility pump, can someone please comfirm and suggest programming to accomplis this.

Thanks
Cary

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not trust a salinity probe to take any action. Monitoring might be a better idea and then you can check with a trustworthy instrument before you do anything.

Hobby probes are just horrible, at least compared to other tools in other industries. Even "lab grade" probes fail or drift at too high of a rate.

Last edited:

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Although my second apex probe seems to be very good i still would not trust it at all to control off of. Just see how much it changes by week to week and then make your water change slightly lower salinity. I cant imagine its going to skyrockey.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 20.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 113 73.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back