Copepod explosion

Rabidbeast666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 3 months ago I introduced a jar of Tisbe pods with the lights on and watched them get eaten up promptly. Tonight I shined a flashlite to check out bristle worm population like I do from time to time and was shocked to see thousands of Tisbe pods all in the water column. No idea where they might have come from. They haven't been there before and I look at my tank almost nightly. dang sure weren't noticeable yesterday. I was shocked but happy. It's just very odd. I've got as many tonight as when I dumped that jar. I'm at a loss as to how they just suddenly appeared tho.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
they tend to hide during daytime to escape predators. but if there aren't any, then they just reproduce as long as there is available food source for them

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My population increases and decreases constantly. There are times when they are on the glass even when lights are on. A month later I can barely find any and then a month later they are everywhere again.

OP
OP
Rabidbeast666

Rabidbeast666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My population increases and decreases constantly. There are times when they are on the glass even when lights are on. A month later I can barely find any and then a month later they are everywhere again.
I guess that's what I'm experiencing. Just seems crazy to go from looking like none to a tank full overnite. My apocalypse pods I can see on the rocks and the population seems steady. I may get a maderin goby now.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess that's what I'm experiencing. Just seems crazy to go from looking like none to a tank full overnite. My apocalypse pods I can see on the rocks and the population seems steady. I may get a maderin goby now.
I believe a mandarin goby is in order!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back