Coral Box WiFi Dosing Pump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i bought this thing a few days ago and semi set it up and calibrated last night, but haven't installed it on the tank and started dosing.. i have a couple of questions though:

-does the output side need to be submerged underwater? i bought the better check valve things, but was thinking i'd just have them pour into the water? what's the benefit of submerging the output?
-i'm going to dose into my return pump section of my sump, which is just slightly elevated above the ground. so if i have this right, preferably my dosing container is below that, so it has to be on the ground pretty much? and then the doser itself will be above both of them kind of in a triangle sort of deal?
-what does it mean the button will "flag" or something when it pairs to my home wifi? (side complaint, if you're a chinese company and you're selling stuff to the english speaking world, is it that hard to find someone that speaks english better than google translate to do instructions) it just keeps flashing green

and what does everyone dose? obviously 2 pumps will be alk and calcium, but i only add magnesium every so often so that seems like a waste. i was thinking maybe nopox in one since i add that basically daily. maybe hold off on the last one until i need to dose more mag? i do love me some monti digitata..

thanks!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i bought this thing a few days ago and semi set it up and calibrated last night, but haven't installed it on the tank and started dosing.. i have a couple of questions though:

-does the output side need to be submerged underwater? i bought the better check valve things, but was thinking i'd just have them pour into the water? what's the benefit of submerging the output?
-i'm going to dose into my return pump section of my sump, which is just slightly elevated above the ground. so if i have this right, preferably my dosing container is below that, so it has to be on the ground pretty much? and then the doser itself will be above both of them kind of in a triangle sort of deal?
-what does it mean the button will "flag" or something when it pairs to my home wifi? (side complaint, if you're a chinese company and you're selling stuff to the english speaking world, is it that hard to find someone that speaks english better than google translate to do instructions) it just keeps flashing green

and what does everyone dose? obviously 2 pumps will be alk and calcium, but i only add magnesium every so often so that seems like a waste. i was thinking maybe nopox in one since i add that basically daily. maybe hold off on the last one until i need to dose more mag? i do love me some monti digitata..

thanks!

1: No, I recommend not submerging the output ends to avoid calcification.

2: Correct. The very end of the output line must be above the maximum level in your dosing container.

3: I largely ignore the light, the pump will issue an audible beep when it responds to actions in the app, ie saving outputs, turing on dosing pumps manually.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1: No, I recommend not submerging the output ends to avoid calcification.

2: Correct. The very end of the output line must be above the maximum level in your dosing container.

3: I largely ignore the light, the pump will issue an audible beep when it responds to actions in the app, ie saving outputs, turing on dosing pumps manually.

thanks!

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this doser for 6 months now and have had a few issues with it that I would like to see if anyone else is experiencing.

The first issue is that it takes me about a half hour each and every time that I try to connect to it with my iPhone. The first few tries it tells me that the password is incorrect. I then enter the password for it to give me the same message anywhere from 2-10 times. The it will occasionally throw the message "unable to join the network dosing_eac05". After continuously going through the steps to connect it will finally connect after numerous tries and countless minutes wasted.

The second issue is the heads staying primed. I originally set everything up modeled after another reefer using RO lines, upgraded check valves and supergluing all connection points. Originally I had the check valves at the end of the lines right before dropping the liquid into the sump. After much research I saw that others had more success putting check valves at the beginning of the lines just outside of the dosing reservoirs. So I added a second check valve to each line and all but 3 are now holding their prime.

The last issue I'm having is that none of my lines hold their calibration. It fluctuates so much that I have ultimately given up on recalibrating every day due to losing too much product.

Anyone else having these issues and if so, how was it corrected? Thanks for any insight.

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this doser for 6 months now and have had a few issues with it that I would like to see if anyone else is experiencing.

The first issue is that it takes me about a half hour each and every time that I try to connect to it with my iPhone. The first few tries it tells me that the password is incorrect. I then enter the password for it to give me the same message anywhere from 2-10 times. The it will occasionally throw the message "unable to join the network dosing_eac05". After continuously going through the steps to connect it will finally connect after numerous tries and countless minutes wasted.

The second issue is the heads staying primed. I originally set everything up modeled after another reefer using RO lines, upgraded check valves and supergluing all connection points. Originally I had the check valves at the end of the lines right before dropping the liquid into the sump. After much research I saw that others had more success putting check valves at the beginning of the lines just outside of the dosing reservoirs. So I added a second check valve to each line and all but 3 are now holding their prime.

The last issue I'm having is that none of my lines hold their calibration. It fluctuates so much that I have ultimately given up on recalibrating every day due to losing too much product.

Anyone else having these issues and if so, how was it corrected? Thanks for any insight.

I'm having an issue keeping them primed now as well. Originally I set them up on my old tank and they held calibration and prime just fine.

When i decommisioned my old tank and cycled my upgrade it sat in a box for a few months. I hooked it back up a couple months ago and it wont hold prime to save its life. Im using a check valve on each side of the dosing head, and superglued all the joints as well as using the stock tubing. Its driving me crazy.

Aaronhome27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A doser is just a long tube with rollers pushing liquid through it. If your losing prime it will be in the way you've run the tubing and check valves. Logan did a great video on proper set up on his website on the doser page. One thing I've found helps a lot of people with priming issues on these and jebao pumps is to go to the 2x4mm tubing reefbreeders sells. It eliminates a lot of issues. Standard airline tubing does not work well as a dosing tubing on the pump heads that these all use.

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using 1/4" RO plastic tubing with all joints sealed with super glue gel as suggested by others. Adding the second check valves has definitely helped 3 out of 4 dosing heads as they now stay primed, however the calibration doesn't hold.

Out of all this, my biggest dilemma is the connection issue. I can live with recalibrating and such so long as I can actually connect to the doser. Without being able to connect to it in a timely manner I lose interest in trying to make it work.

Aquanautical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was having prime and air bubble issues too, I fixed it by putting check valves at the end of the output line as well as halfway between the pump and the output line, so 2 check valves total per output line

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having an issue keeping them primed now as well. Originally I set them up on my old tank and they held calibration and prime just fine.

When i decommisioned my old tank and cycled my upgrade it sat in a box for a few months. I hooked it back up a couple months ago and it wont hold prime to save its life. Im using a check valve on each side of the dosing head, and superglued all the joints as well as using the stock tubing. Its driving me crazy.

That may just be the dosing chemicals drying up your dosing lines. With 3 months of dry storage after being used, there could be residue from your old dosing regimen that dried up and made the lines more brittle than they were originally.

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean the tubing inside the actual head? I hadn't thought about that. I used new tubing for the rest maybe I'll try a new head.

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are pictures for reference if anyone wants to chime in. Right now the top head (Head 1), which is dosing acropower does not hold its prime. The other 3 do. However they all are having issues holding calibration.
IMG_8338.jpg
IMG_9542.jpg
IMG_9543.jpg

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you tried different heads? i was testing mine for awhile before i hooked it up and found one of the heads just did not work properly. it would calibrate properly, but when i'd have it dose whatever amount daily, it dosed nothing. but the other heads would properly dose

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not only because of the glued ends. It's been on my radar to try that, I will just need to figure out how to change the head with keeping the internal rubber hose from the original. When I get a chance I'll post the results.

Eryeal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 here on not holding prime - just really frustrated by this thing. Installed everything by the book with the video, glued everything. Calibration for me holds fine, but I can't get it to hold prime on ANY of the lines. About ready to pull the plug and go with another doser.

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got mine to hold the prime, but it was a painstaking experience. I used RO tubing and added good check valves at the end of the line in the sump, as well as the beginning of the line coming out of my holding containers. I also super glued the connections to the dosing unit itself. This was the only way I could get it to hold it's prime. Since then it has been working pretty flawless.

Trueblue17

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No .. I’ve primed them several times and they still come back .. my only thought is they are sucking air from somewhere .. I have my check valves on the ends of my outlets .. I thought this might help ..
both my jabao dosers had bubbles all the time no matter what I did tried everything , now I just got the coral box wifi for dirt cheap, so I hope it doesn't do the same the dang it lol , but I did find and buy some new glass check valves ,as every other type didn't work ,but I haven't finished my new system yet and haven't tried the glass ones yet.

wranodj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No phone to contact company. Not a good sign so far. Only able to get one pump to draw liquid.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No phone to contact company. Not a good sign so far. Only able to get one pump to draw liquid.

It's most likely your pump heads just need to be manually primed. I will test it out when it's back to us. I apologize for the difficulty you had reaching us over the weekend. Our phone number is available on all receipt emails, emails with order tracking info, and other correspondence.

Aaronhome27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm not a fan boy of any company but I've had hands down the best service from reefbreeders than any other company. The phone number is on pretty much every document you get from them. They also answer in Facebook if your there.

As for priming issues there nothing different between the wifi doser and most dosers on the market. It's a tube that has fluid in. The fluid gets pressed by the rollers and the pump turns. If you use the proper tube (that reefbreeders sells, NOT airline tubing) and check valves at the end you should have no issues. It's a very simple mechanical action with not much that can go wrong. If you get air in the lines or bubbles then you have air leaking into the tubing somewhere. Same with any doser. I've seen all kinds of bandaid fixes but if you use the right tube and check valves you should have no issues. I've set dozens of dosers up this year and no issues other than one had a wifi issue. Logan sent a new card right out. I switched to the wifi doser a year ago. I just replaced the lines as maintence. I've not had any issues with my personal wifi doser. 90% of the issues you read are not a specific problem to the wifi doser. 90% are tubing related. In fact I've replaced tons of tubing this year to fix this exact issue on tanks for locals where I live.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 41 20.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back