Coral Box WiFi Dosing Pump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now again I ran 4ml in a test tube and nothing... ran it for 10mil then out came solution. This is very frustrating

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Now again I ran 4ml in a test tube and nothing... ran it for 10mil then out came solution. This is very frustrating
Take a picture of your set up please. I want to try and help you but im not sure how you have it set up.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a picture of your set up please. I want to try and help you but im not sure how you have it set up.

Thanks for the help here’s a pic. So this morning I hit 2 mil and 2.2mil came out so I don’t know why it’s random. I’ll keep checking

7A22BFD0-D0CD-4DAE-A7A0-41AEAE603112.jpeg

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
See how i put a bead of glue at the point i circled below? That was the final spot that air was able to sneak into my lines after i had glued all the rest. The only other thing is if for whatever reason your connections are not air tight. I used a lot of glue when i did mine...
6FAA0A76-B718-417E-9040-0723BF35669E.jpeg
Thanks for the help here’s a pic. So this morning I hit 2 mil and 2.2mil came out so I don’t know why it’s random. I’ll keep checking

7A22BFD0-D0CD-4DAE-A7A0-41AEAE603112.jpeg

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its glued. I pulled that clear tube out glued and slid it back in just as I did the RO line to the nipple.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm im not really sure. You could remove the check valve and make sure it is functioning correctly...

I did that last night at like 11pm lol this morning it was working so we will see :)

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got home it seemed to be working. So I thought I fixed it!

I got up this morning and watched the 10am pump turn on and nothing came out. So I ran it for 5 seconds then solution came out.

I’m super frustrated. I can’t have these swings in my tank. I wish I never switched lol...

I’m going to super glue more stuff today even adorns the RO check valve. If that doesn’t work maybe super glue the nipple around the doser head?? If that doesn’t work I guess I have to go back but now need to replace my solution tank nipple

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just super glued everything the only thing that was strang if I run water through my dosing head it goes through isn’t it supposed to stop and not allow it to go liquid through to create the sphion ?

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just super glued everything the only thing that was strang if I run water through my dosing head it goes through isn’t it supposed to stop and not allow it to go liquid through to create the sphion ?

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dosing containers cant be above the exit point of the dosing tube. I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about. If you mean siphoning back into the solution container, then that's what the check valve is for. (I'm sure you realize, but reiterating for clarity)

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You may want to consider putting the RO line tubing directly into the dosing container. That will eliminate that fitting as a source of air getting into your dosing lines.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dosing containers cant be above the exit point of the dosing tube. I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about. If you mean siphoning back into the solution container, then that's what the check valve is for. (I'm sure you realize, but reiterating for clarity)
Thanks the container is far below

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to consider putting the RO line tubing directly into the dosing container. That will eliminate that fitting as a source of air getting into your dosing lines.

Thanks for the tip. I superglued everything again. Maybe a leak? I’m thinking the doser head is not staying pinched and it’s alowing it to drop back into the container

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tip. I superglued everything again. Maybe a leak? I’m thinking the doser head is not staying pinched and it’s alowing it to drop back into the container
Superglue is not the best sealant, but you shouldn't need any. If that one dosing head is giving you trouble, you may want to open it up and re-adjust the inside. We also offer replacement dosing heads, and a spare is included with every pump.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Superglue is not the best sealant, but you shouldn't need any. If that one dosing head is giving you trouble, you may want to open it up and re-adjust the inside. We also offer replacement dosing heads, and a spare is included with every pump.

When I open it, what do I look for and how do I adjust?

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I ran it for 5 seconds then solution came out. So it’s still losing its prime. I’ll try putting the RO tube right in the solution container next

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced the head again but I used the silicon and the other container to the far right. It’s now holding its prime. Ether it was the head or a leak somewhere. Now I hope it stays consistent:)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 104 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 80 33.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.7%
Back