Coral Dipping Video/Explanation?

three fish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be tuning in. I have no idea how to dip a coral. Does every new coral going into your sytem get dipped? Only newly fragged? Only corals that appear to be in trouble? I am sure your video will answer my questions.

DML08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, I smoke.. it is what it is. You can comment on my cig smoking all day... even crack jokes... It's the soapbox anti-cigarette stuff that is annoying. It's like PETA against smokers.

I can totally do a dipping video, not a problem. Would have to be done this weekend and I am out of interceptor... so if I can track some down before then I will do a demo on that as well.

Kray.. I have one interceptor pizzie, but I wont be able to get it you till during the week.. I can break you off a chunk!.

I

inactive

View Badges
That would be awesome Dom thanks!

I will postpone the dipping video until I can get some interceptor.

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo yo yo, my bad on the off topic comments. Had no idea it would be like that Kraylen. I only had good intentions and I appreciate the time you take with your videos and your amazing editing. I will leave you alone!

So... the topic. I have been dipping two of my acan colonies in tropic marin pro coral cure and this is how I do it. I mix a little stronger than recommended in a smallish container. Initially I was using a large container but the tmpcc is fairly pricey and you use alot of it if you are using a large container. I leave them in for 15 minutes. This is the key. I am dipping to prevent bacterial infections so I spot treat any areas that look potentially problematic. I use my joes juice squirter with a super concentrated amount in the syringe. I squirt this directly into the affected area while out of the water to allow it to soak in for about 15 seconds. I feel like this is important to get the bacteria way inside the dead polyp sterilized. I do this early into the process. Then I let it soak for 10 or so min. Then I use the same syringe to squirt water into these areas. I squirt the tmpcc water hard into these areas at this point. I do this to remove the dead material so it does not spread around the tank or recolonize on the acan. It also helps to get the product deep in the wound. I have found that you must dip regularly to kick bacterial infections. If you dip once a week you might not get it. Try dipping everyday for 4 or 5 days and it should do the trick

Thats what I do if I suspect there might be an issue. If you are doing purely preventitive dips when you recieve new corals, I would think a simple 15 min dip would do fine. Just use your tank water in a small container with recommended dosage for 15 min. Follow the directions on the bottle and you will be good.

Good luck I hope this helps

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back