Coral Growth with Kessil A360s

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does the color setting work on Apex. If that's 100% on the color dial that's going to be awfully yellow. I never go above 45%. That's a pretty cool blue but much above 50 and you start to lose color IMO.

OP
OP
T

Thraciandrummer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
After a weekend of tweaking levels and dosing amounts as well as changing some lighting cycles, here is what I came up with.

Levels as of Monday night Feb 15th
Alkalinity - 11.1 dkH
Calcium - 428
Magensium - 1,500

I know the Alkalinity is high, I think this is a product of getting incorrect test results from my Hanna checker due to a bad reagent and dosing off of that reading. I have since bought a Salifert test kit and have been getting better readings. I am watching the Alkalinity creep down on a daily basis until it gets back to a 9 dkH level and then i'll dose from there based on how much I see I am depleting each day.

My daily dosing of about 85ml of Calcium each day seems to be working perfectly for me, and I have brought up my Magnesium levels which seem to be holding pretty steady.

As for lighting -
I have decided to go with a 12 hour lighting schedule from 11am to 11pm. I do a ramp up from deep blue to a 75% blue/25% white mix with high intensity. This ratio of blue to white looked best to me. I brought the intensity up to about 80% at the max point in the day, but I can definitely put it up to 100%. I then ramp back down to a Deep Blue.

All the corals seem to be doing well with this so far, but I have noticed that some of my zoas are starting to look like umbrellas. Not sure if this is a product of too much or too little light. My zoas are placed at the bottom of the tank for the most part. Some are on rocks just below the middle point of the tank.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 36.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back