CoralBox WiFi Dosing Pumps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mnml

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The default password for my doser is no longer working. Thinking of doing a wifi reset but will this affect my dosing schedule or calibration?

Open to suggestions.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The default password for my doser is no longer working. Thinking of doing a wifi reset but will this affect my dosing schedule or calibration?

Open to suggestions.

Your settings should also be saved in your app. I would suggest unplugging for 30 seconds first, then plugging back in before doing a reset. Also consider putting your phone in airplane mode briefly, then turning on wifi again and attempting to connect.

vito vicari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having an issue with this doser needing to be primed every day. My doser is above my sump and the containers are below sump water level. Liquid left in the line will eventually trickle into the sump within the day. Example: Im set to dose calc @15 ml a day, doser will dose it after ive primed it, but the next day only half of that will dose because of the leakage and air in the tube developing overnight..... this is really unacceptable and im using the lines and check valves that came with the unit..

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having an issue with this doser needing to be primed every day. My doser is above my sump and the containers are below sump water level. Liquid left in the line will eventually trickle into the sump within the day. Example: Im set to dose calc @15 ml a day, doser will dose it after ive primed it, but the next day only half of that will dose because of the leakage and air in the tube developing overnight..... this is really unacceptable and im using the lines and check valves that came with the unit..
Hey Vito,

I am sorry to hear that! Can you share a photo of your setup? Have you made sure that the lines are pushed all the way onto your connectors?

mnml

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your settings should also be saved in your app. I would suggest unplugging for 30 seconds first, then plugging back in before doing a reset. Also consider putting your phone in airplane mode briefly, then turning on wifi again and attempting to connect.

Thank you. This solved the issue.

vito vicari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Vito,

I am sorry to hear that! Can you share a photo of your setup? Have you made sure that the lines are pushed all the way onto your connectors?

to the left of the picture I run output lines( not shown) horizontal about half a foot through an access hole into my sump section then down into my sump.

In this picture specifically I was testing the loss of liquid in the output lines using the 2 little cups in the bottom

20180924_212633.jpg

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Vic,

From the photo it looks like your check valves are on the wrong side of the dosing heads- they should be towards the very end of your output line. Put them at the end of the line, then add about 3" of tubing after the Check Valve to create a better seal.

vito vicari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Vic,

From the photo it looks like your check valves are on the wrong side of the dosing heads- they should be towards the very end of your output line. Put them at the end of the line, then add about 3" of tubing after the Check Valve to create a better seal.

Hey so this was at the start of the week when I was testing the calibration, the check valves are installed exactly how you mentioned should be installed, about 2 to 3 inches above the end of the output and I still have this issue. Honestly this isnt a check valve issue. Check valves are one way flow valves, this to me looks like a pump head flaw.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey so this was at the start of the week when I was testing the calibration, the check valves are installed exactly how you mentioned should be installed, about 2 to 3 inches above the end of the output and I still have this issue. Honestly this isnt a check valve issue. Check valves are one way flow valves, this to me looks like a pump head flaw.

If you can PM us your order number we will send out a new set of dosing heads and check valves for you right away.

James Mikell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Customer service like this is what will earn the notice from potential customers. Will deffinately be ordering one of these units in the future

vito vicari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can PM us your order number we will send out a new set of dosing heads and check valves for you right away.

Oh man that's so awesome of you. Unfortunately I bought this unit off amazon a week ago lol. In the future I'll order from you guys. I never knew about Reefbreeders until now

WallysWorld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting bubbles in lines. See photos of the set up and of the outflow lines. I believe that I'm also losing the prime on the pump lines as well. I have check valves on the outflows, the tubes are cut to fit so there's no extra slack in the lines. Twice in the last two days I've simply pumped 50-75ml of fluid back into the storage containers. This clears bubbles for a short while, but by the next day the bubbles are back.

Do I need to adjust the tubing inside of the dosing heads? What other remedies are suggested
IMG_1450.JPG
IMG_1451.JPG
IMG_1450.JPG

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zip ties around the fittings worked for me

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting bubbles in lines. See photos of the set up and of the outflow lines. I believe that I'm also losing the prime on the pump lines as well. I have check valves on the outflows, the tubes are cut to fit so there's no extra slack in the lines. Twice in the last two days I've simply pumped 50-75ml of fluid back into the storage containers. This clears bubbles for a short while, but by the next day the bubbles are back.

Do I need to adjust the tubing inside of the dosing heads? What other remedies are suggested

From the photos it appears that your dosing lines are not all the way over the connectors. Is that correct? The photo is kind of bright on the connectors. You need to make sure the tubing is fully pushed onto the connectors. This may take some effort. Use a blow dryer or dip the lines in hot water to ease the process if needed.

WallysWorld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the photos it appears that your dosing lines are not all the way over the connectors. Is that correct? The photo is kind of bright on the connectors. You need to make sure the tubing is fully pushed onto the connectors. This may take some effort. Use a blow dryer or dip the lines in hot water to ease the process if needed.

You’re right pushing the tubing on is tough. Here’s a better photo of the connectors on the pump and output check valves.
D110A133-EEDD-48A2-9749-AC22106D400D.jpeg
FBFDF970-AA74-4362-B0A4-482AE35B79A5.jpeg

WallysWorld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So even with the tubes pushed all of the way on to the connector I'm still getting air in the lines. If the connectors are really causing the problem, has anyone used a single piece of tubing from reservoir through pump head to the output check valves? That would eliminate the leakage from connectors!

Is there a source for the pump tubing in long enough lengths to do this?

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So even with the tubes pushed all of the way on to the connector I'm still getting air in the lines. If the connectors are really causing the problem, has anyone used a single piece of tubing from reservoir through pump head to the output check valves? That would eliminate the leakage from connectors!

Is there a source for the pump tubing in long enough lengths to do this?

The air bubbles that I see in your photos are very small. That is perfectly normal, and a result of gas precipitating out of your dosing solution. This will happen in a $1,000 doser, and even in a fully sealed tube. We tested this and still got some small micro bubbles. Those will have no bearing on your dosing pump's accuracy.

Bubbles that may be problematic are what we call air gaps- areas longer than 1" where no liquid is present. That may indicate that your lines are not sealed fully. Based on your photos it doesn't look like that is the issue.

WallysWorld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess I should be worried about these? Photo was just taken.

What do you think about my idea of running solid tubing?

1F1F2AF5-EB1B-4F5B-B2E1-FEE303143ABC.jpeg

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess I should be worried about these? Photo was just taken.

What do you think about my idea of running solid tubing?

1F1F2AF5-EB1B-4F5B-B2E1-FEE303143ABC.jpeg

That will likely not work as intended. The tubing inside the dosing head is specialized and meant to handle constantly being rolled over by the rotating roller heads. The rest of the tubing is not meant for that application and may burst from the stress.

A couple things you may try first:

1) Lower the height your dosing pump a few inches. It looks like it's a straight shot down to your tank. Have them level off before turning downwards.

2) Add some small zip ties to further seal the lines as someone else suggested.

3) Test your dosing heads. If the line is primed- and the dosing head is on the spindle- can you force the liquid through by blowing into the end of the tubing?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back