Corals on collision course

malenia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reef2reef! Recently my corals have been exploding in growth, unfortunately a chalice and a lepto are very close to touching each other... what can I do? They are encrusted in a large rock that I can't possibly frag or cut... any suggestions?

1000013575.jpg

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Most of the time you can lift at least a piece of the chalice to place elsewhere for outgrowth. Unfortunately they’re definitely going to hit and one will win over the other. I wonder if you can put a thin rock in between the two so it buys you more time while the my each encrust on the opposite surface.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on being a successful Reefer! You can try to frag them back, or let them duke it out for space. Sometimes the winner will kill and encrust over the loser. Another option is to take out the rock and try to break it up with a hammer and chisel.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reef2reef! Recently my corals have been exploding in growth, unfortunately a chalice and a lepto are very close to touching each other... what can I do? They are encrusted in a large rock that I can't possibly frag or cut... any suggestions?

1000013575.jpg

Find a way to move one otherwise there will be only one survivor.

I normally just let them battle it out as they would in a real reef, but if one is particularly expensive or special maybe try to save that one.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 108 73.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back