Could it be yet another Michigander .... ?

jcarson999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
After seeing all the familiar names from the MI Reefers forum, I'm almost embarassed to throw my hat in the ring here, too. But I just recently heard of this forum, and it looks like a friendly place, so I thought I'd put in my $.02.

I actually got into keeping saltwater fish (along with fresh) back about 25 years ago. It was a time of undergravel filters inside the tank, and Dynaflow filters (for you old-timers) outside. Needless to say, it was a very trying experience, and we bailed after a few years. About 5 years ago, I got the bug to get back into it, and set up a 125g reef. It didn't take long - it's a common tale, I know - before I upgraded to a 210g, and have expanded from there.

Currently, I've got a 210g FOWLR and a 110g FOWLR set up. By the end of this weekend I'll have a 180g wet (it's on the main floor and drains into a sump and frag tank combo in the basement) that'll be set up as a reef tank. I'll also have a 60g cube filled that will be strictly inverts - crabs, starfish, shrimp, etc. and maybe just one or two fish for that extra splash of color.

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'm looking forward to a long and pleasant stay here.

Thx,
-jim

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 60 39.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 80 51.9%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back