Crocea clam foot?

mossanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had my 3" Crocea from ClamMania for a few weeks and the mantle and incurrent siphon look great. But it's made no attempt to attach or move even a little bit. I'm starting to surmise that this clam doesn't have a foot. What do I look for to verify this?

As an aside.. I have to say that dealing with ClamMania has been a pretty negative experience. He forgot to add things to my order, takes forever to reply to emails and when he does they short responses. I just feel like I'm bothering him with any question at all. And now I feel like this clam was sent with a damaged or missing foot. I've got no response at all from him on this.

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my maxima clam for about 8 months now and it has yet to attach itself to the rocks. It's healthy and has grown since I've had it. It sits in it's own little cradle that's naturally created between 2 rocks but it has never attached itself for some reason. At this point, it doesn't seem to matter as it appears to be doing great.

Side note- I didn't buy from ClamMania for the reasons you mentioned. Almost zero customer service and a PITA to deal with.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back