Cultivated Reef

jackalexander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about ordering a small clownfish from cultivated reef because it seems to be a lot cheaper than most other sites. Any suggestions or thoughts on cultivated reef?

bcarm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive ordered a pair of clowns and various corals, all healthy, well packaged, and doing good. Would recommend.

dhanking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems, fishy. Hahahahahahaha. But seriously they seem most likely to get away with a scam because they aren't so popular. Also I don't like ordering online becase it has a chance the fish will die.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about ordering a small clownfish from cultivated reef because it seems to be a lot cheaper than most other sites. Any suggestions or thoughts on cultivated reef?
Great selection, price and service.
We stupidly bought an oscellaris last Xmas season, delivered as soup a week late. They replaced the fish, just had to pay shipping, after the holidays, not obligated to.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly recommend them for corals. I never have purchased a fish but wouldn’t hesitate buying anything from them.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly recommend them for corals. I never have purchased a fish but wouldn’t hesitate buying anything from them.
They get the fish from other wholesalers, shipped direct from them.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cultivate Reef is local I’ve been there multiple times to pick up corals they are awesome. They don’t have any fish on site those come from a third party. I’ve never gotten a fish through there, however, I would still highly recommend them the third party they use for clowns is also a local company that breeds them.

OP
OP
jackalexander

jackalexander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cultivate Reef is local I’ve been there multiple times to pick up corals they are awesome. They don’t have any fish on site those come from a third party. I’ve never gotten a fish through there, however, I would still highly recommend them the third party they use for clowns is also a local company that breeds them.
okay cool thank you so much! just wanted to make sure the fishy would be happy and healthy!

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have been to their place, can confirm they are genuine people. Fish are not on site, but I have seen clowns from the same breeder at another LFS and they are good to go.

wet_rocks_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nice thing about cultivated reef is they ship fish right from the wholesaler breeder... which means a very high chance or as close to 100 % pest free.

RDA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not ordered from them yet but have my eyes on some clowns and coral from them once my system is more mature. I will be ordering from them at some point and the research I have done seems to point to them being a great source. I wish I had some real life feedback for you, but instead I can only tell you that I would not hesitate to order from them based off of what I have read about them.

As far as clowns, the way I understand it, they all come from Sea & Reef. Which from what I understand is also supposed to be another top notch operation. If you are looking at the Wyoming White Clowns, Sea & Reef supposedly has breeding stock that traces back to the original C-Quest lineage, if that means anything to you.

All that just to say, I wouldn't hesitate to order from them, but don't have any hands on experience.

Back