Cured my elegance coral!

Coralnotquarrel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a healthy appearing elegance coral in September from 1 store, did well for a week but then began to shrink up to the point of being mostly retracted in its skeleton and the tentacles 2-3mm nubs. Other corals doing fine. Read multiple stories of the same here...

In January, went to Vivid Aquarium and spoke with staff there who showed me their dip for this. I bought it and noticed a change 2 weeks later. Now, my coral is close to what it was when I 1st bought it! Fyi

38c9ac4d-dc2e-488e-a2f6-d4bcb96fb49c-1_all_2787.jpg

Last edited:

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a healthy appearing elegance coral in September from 1 store, did well for a week but then began to shrink up to the point of being mostly retracted in its skeleton and the tentacles 2-3mm nubs. Other corals doing fine. Read multiple stories of the same here...

In January, went to Vivid Aquarium and spoke with staff there who showed me their dip for this. I bought it and noticed a change 2 weeks later. Now, my coral is close to what it was when I 1st bought it! Fyi

38c9ac4d-dc2e-488e-a2f6-d4bcb96fb49c-1_all_2787.jpg
Nice save! King Fu Corals dips have rescued a lot of coral from infections and death.

OP
OP
C

Coralnotquarrel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interesting! but where do you get those ingredients?
Vivid Aquarium sold them to me. So, they sold me the 40 drops of..., the capful of... and I didn't have to buy the whole bottle.

I think all for less than $20.

This really seems to point to a bacterial cause of this wasting disease.

liddojunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guys are vivid are so informative and helpful. The store is like a candy coral store.

So glad that dipped helped!

So you keep the coral in the dip continuously ?

OP
OP
C

Coralnotquarrel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guys are vivid are so informative and helpful. The store is like a candy coral store.

So glad that dipped helped!

So you keep the coral in the dip continuously ?
The picture is from their blackboard I was allowed to photograph. It said 6-18 hours up to 48. I think I kept it in my bucket for 24-36 hours? Had a heater, pump and I put an incandescent light close by but not too bright to make me feel better.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back