OP
OP
TimSc2013

TimSc2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love a picture/diagram of the setup :)
The closed loop is very basic and in fact I will be modifying it shortly by incorporating an Oceans Motions 4-way valve and adding two more returns in the center of the tank. I crudely marked up a couple pictures showing the intake hidden in the rocks and the two returns at the other end of the tank which now only provide constant flow.

Closed Loop A.jpg

Closed Loop B.jpg

I will also be using Oceans Motions Omni Flex Nozzles to get rid of the 45 degree PVC fittings and to provide more flexibility of directing flow. I will update the closed loop system once I modify it using the 4-way valve and nozzles.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking great man!

OP
OP
TimSc2013

TimSc2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great man!
Thanks Rev!
marciomrqz
This is definitely a beautiful tank​
I really appreciate the compliment!
Jurg
Everything looks awesome, what's the purpose of the white hose from the ceiling?​
Thanks a lot as it is comments like these that really helps me justify the hobby to the wife! The white hose is the flexible ducting from the two bathroom exhaust fans which hopefully help with the heat and humidity in the canopy.​

OP
OP
TimSc2013

TimSc2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great pics and build!!! Im using the omni flex nozzels in my new build and love the flexibility of them!
Thanks for the acknowledgment! Glad to hear that the flex nozzles are working for you as I have not received mine yet but they sound like they can provide a lot of different options for flow direction.

OP
OP
TimSc2013

TimSc2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Yellow Tang has developed a growth on it's lower fin. It's definitely not ich so I am not sure what it is yet. The tang appears healthy; swimming and eating well. Anybody have any input as to what it could be? Sorry I could not get any closer shots as he would not slow down to get a better pic.

140716 A.jpg

140716 B.jpg

140716 C.jpg

OP
OP
TimSc2013

TimSc2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I would share my reef log that I developed for tracking my tanks, equipment and livestock. I have to say it works great on my iPad to enter information as I am testing, observing or performing maintenance and hopefully it is useful to someone. No more pen and paper!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/esw07wdldo56s72/Coral Reef Log R2R.xlsx

Let me know if the link doesn’t work as this is the first time I have used dropbox app.

Last edited:

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't planning on much if any acclimatization either since I will be using my existing water and only adding about 1/3 more fresh SW and matching everything else up.

Beautiful pics Tim! The colors stand out nicely and looks like no stress occurrences :)

I haven't seen a growth like that before. Wish I could help.

OP
OP
TimSc2013

TimSc2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed a fan tonight to see if it will help lower my temperature deltas of between 2 and 3 degrees when the halides are on.:smow:

photo.jpg

OP
OP
TimSc2013

TimSc2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my earlier frustration with my acropora in my other system has taken a turn for the better. I thought this acro (on left if you couldn't tell - lol) was a goner after it experienced both RTN and STN. Now the base has rebounded and has colored up and will hopefully continue to improve. These creatures are so amazing!
photo.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back