CUSTOM SUMP GIVEAWAY sponsored by Elite-Aquatics.net!

jrwiechman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20140804_211826.jpg

Here is my sump. Although it works well, it is definitely function over form. It was the last thing I built for my tank and recently I have really became a fan of sumps and sump rooms. There are some pretty nice ones in this thread! A new EA sump would be a great show piece for a revamp in my sump room. Their products demonstrate both function and beauty! Good luck everyone

h8edpurdie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sump

Here is my sump. After my son flooded my house by helping me top off the sump, I decided to move it to a dedicated part of the garage. And that's where this 55 gallon tank sits. It has an external protein skimmer that is not seen in the image. I have some rock, chaeto, heater, and return pump in it.

I would love to win one of these amazing sumps! They look fantastic and I would be able to have the set up I can only dream of.

sump.jpg

It's really amazing to see everyone's sumps, and it makes me wish I could do more with mine. Even if I don't win, I've been able to get some ideas to make mine better.

ksigaekdb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSCN2939.jpg

When I started this hobby a year ago I wanted to do as much DIY as possible, and after "research" thought I knew what I was doing and was quickly disabused of that notion. The tank I went with was too small, I ended up spending twice as much building my own stand as I would have if I had just bought one, and my DIY sump is a bit of a disaster as it does not even fit an in-sump skimmer because I assumed a HOB would work just as well. I am in the process of gathering my upgrade materials for a 120G or 125G tank and an EA sump sure would improve the quality of my entire system, not to mention save me a lot of aggravation.

bboyvital

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is my sump. I think a new fancy sump would look great in its place. i bought this used and the baffles/ sections are kind of set up weird and is not the best use of the space. with the fine sand i decided to throw into my shallow tank it would be very helpfull to have a filter sock section and a fuge section with well thought out baffles so cheato doesnt flow over to my return.
52A5C064-786D-444B-A83D-B5638CDF6549_zpsmme6xwph.jpg

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) Here's a picture of my sump:
white.jpg

Oh wait... I don't have a sump on my system yet :(

2) Boy, would I like to have a sump on my system.

nicsound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my sump when I first moved it out of the cabinet and into the storeroom. I switched to ZeoVit and I wish I could redesign my sump to better suit the system.. and triple it's size :tongue:

2014-06-13 03.39.54.jpg

One of those awesome looking sumps would allow me to do that.

ingtar_shinowa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P1011089.jpg

I'd love a custom sump from EA because they produce the top products around. Love my socialization box!

Liked as well!

WindeyD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

I have a 40 breeder with no sump; hope I can still be entered in contest!
I could use the sump as I currently don't have one and plan on upgrading to a larger system and this sump could be the backbone of my build!
Hope I win!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:

TruRacr314x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sump6_zpscc09e400.jpg

I'd love to add a custom sump to my system as I'm in the process of upgrading to a 180g and could use the extra volume. I also like the design and functionality of the EA sumps...

Squishie89

Glub Glub
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would really like a custom sump by Elite because my needs have changed since I had this sump made and with my re-build happening later this year it would be PERFECT timing.

jasonp87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A new custom sump would be awesome. I would like to have this because the current sump gets it done, but it isn't super efficient and the water level is a little high due to the way I designed and built it. It would probably overflow slightly in the case of a power outage.

A
lready liked!

Last edited:

Greasemonkey13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407310134.070802.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407310165.975353.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407310183.670972.jpg
. I tried to customize my sump and was able to get kind of what I was thinking but a custom sump would truly be a blessing then the chambers wouldn't leak. And most importantly improve it quality of life for my little 90gallon world that the wife and kids have fallen in love with, also our customers love to come into our house to see the tank after or before riding their horses please pick me to win
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407310646.046843.jpg

thebest14life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my current sump now .I would love a custom made sump because the one I have now is a lil small for what I want to do with it now could use a lil bit more space .

Attachments

• 1407310523148.jpg
    1407310523148.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 258

NaClWater72756

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would be ideal timing to go along with my 37g column I am about to set up. I am moving all the inhabitants out of my 29g and here is the sump currently.
amutyby9.jpg

Since a 37g column is such a different footprint/stand size, would be nice to have it custom. Thanks for the contest!

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
!!!photo 3.JPG
2photo 2.jpg

I'd LOVE to win an Elite Aquatics Sump. Primarily because my DT is spectacular and the only hang-up I am having is my sump. I want the best out there and am currently working full-time and in school so my funds are very limited including the wife's restrain on my reef addiction. Lets do this thing Elite-Aquatics!!

christ1991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
photo (1).jpg
photo.jpg

Here is a picture of my tank, I have been in the hobby for going on a year now in September. I made the mistake of not adding a sump to my system and have been regretting it since. There is a picture of what is below my tank. Winning a sump would be huge for aesthetics and function to my system. Best of luck all and happy reefing!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back