Cyanobacteria

choff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chemiclean works great, but follow the directions to a T. It's an oxidizer and it will reduce oxygen content in your tank so use all the tricks to increase that. I suggest ensuring your tank temps are on the low side and maybe even run a degree or 2 cooler than norm for better oxygenation and if you can, keep your skimmer on, but dial it all the way down as this stuff will make your skimmer go nuts. It might not even work dialed all the way down, but worth a shot. Increase your surface agitation to.

clownfitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might consider weekly water changes. Just syphon out what you see, keep up with water changes, don't over feed and be careful about ANY liquid foods you use. Keep your protein skimmer cleaned regularly and let nature take it's course. It worked for me on all of my tanks as they were maturing. Older tanks may be a different story but on fairly new systems this method will work.

ReeferRookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can give you the best advise ever cus i just beat it :) i had it and a green hair algae outbreak. My tank is now 7 months. I was frustrated water changes every month clean up.crews cutting back on feeding and light ect. I found out it helps.but hurt my fish and.coral. so i continued normal feeding and lighting. Im not even ******** u i went to bed snd woke up its just gone..... No explanation all water params normal no spikes i couldnt figure it out i still havent my green hair algae is also almost gone !! Its an awesome feeling all i can say is hang in there.! Its almost like a initiation into a reef tank. I just hope it never comes back

cginter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How well does chemclean work with brown cyano and calothrix?

Cyano is cyano... It won't hurt to try it, jus make sure not to add over the recommended amount and time. But it did take of my red cyano outbreak.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 73.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back