IMG_4378.jpeg
IMG_4377.jpeg

Mechano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man , one of the worst corals seeing them like this :(

It does look to be alive still. I’d put it in a shaded area and observe.
They usually start showing a large center (mouth) that usually means it’s dead or more loss of tissue.)

I wouldn’t jump the gun yet. Just observe

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still has hope, but she needs treatment right now. I highly suggest doing a series of iodine dips on the coral every day or two for a while, I have recovered some in that condition with that procedure. A more drastic, but more sure process is to do a Cipro treatment as we do with anemones. The ones I couldn't save with iodine were saved with this.

I have recovered Cynarinas in the past that were tiny rings of flesh on a skeleton, but it takes work. Cooler water temps are pretty much a necessity IME for long term health of these species.

Mechano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still has hope, but she needs treatment right now. I highly suggest doing a series of iodine dips on the coral every day or two for a while, I have recovered some in that condition with that procedure. A more drastic, but more sure process is to do a Cipro treatment as we do with anemones. The ones I couldn't save with iodine were saved with this.

I have recovered Cynarinas in the past that were tiny rings of flesh on a skeleton, but it takes work. Cooler water temps are pretty much a necessity IME for long term health of these species.
What do u typically keep your system temp at with your meat corals? I keep mine around 76

Mr. Acantho

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Where do you get cipro if a prescription is required in '24?

LPS Bum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Spot on.

Like you, I’ve brought Cynarinas, Scolys and Acanthos back with several strong iodine dips over the course of a few days. Never tried Cipro but H2O2 works well too.

Also agree that these corals do better at lower temps. I built my reef around these fleshy LPS and run it at 76 degrees. They do great at that temperature.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do u typically keep your system temp at with your meat corals? I keep mine around 76
I keep mine at 74 most of the year, then raise it to 77 during the summer since it's a spawning system.
My dad is a veterinarian, so he writes me scrips for it. It's why I name all of my meat corals and anemones, he has them on file haha.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spot on.

Like you, I’ve brought Cynarinas, Scolys and Acanthos back with several strong iodine dips over the course of a few days. Never tried Cipro but H2O2 works well too.

Also agree that these corals do better at lower temps. I built my reef around these fleshy LPS and run it at 76 degrees. They do great at that temperature.
Never had a lot of luck with H2O2, perhaps I mix it too strong. I need to use it soon on an Indo with an algae growth, what concentration do you mix it to?

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What Iodine you use? I never had a luck bringing meaty lps to life….
Spot on.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I keep my tank 77

And you can get cipro here, I’ve used them but due to the shortages prices have gone up. Store is legit though.

B20F3D82-5FA1-4028-B774-7DC34E1CC591.jpeg https://thefishaid.com/pages/rapid-...f71afe8&q=ciprofloxacin&sort_order=popularity

LPS Bum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had a lot of luck with H2O2, perhaps I mix it too strong. I need to use it soon on an Indo with an algae growth, what concentration do you mix it to?
I think it’s roughly 300 ml of H202 to a liter of seawater. Justin Credible has a video on humblefish with the dosing instructions.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep mine at 74 most of the year, then raise it to 77 during the summer since it's a spawning system.

My dad is a veterinarian, so he writes me scrips for it. It's why I name all of my meat corals and anemones, he has them on file haha.
my other have is a veterinarian I am going to see if she can write me a script for it.
what is your dosages?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back