DaStaCo Classic Calcium

Carlos Danger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this video to be pretty helpful and like this approach. He kind of rambles but it's worth hearing him out.

I don't think you're implying it but I definitely dont feel you overpaid. Everyone has different things that work for them. On my last tank I was able to sell a lot of what was left when I lost my equipment to the hurricane. I plan on fragging more to pay for my equipment this time. Investing in equipment that will aid in growth and keep the PH high IMO is worthwhile.

I'm fortunate enough to live near World Wide Corals and see how they do things. In their main displays they have GEO's fed by the Sicce pump. I plan on copying their method of success.

Nice video Roggio! Thanks for the line on that. I think you know exactly what you're doing and am sure you'll be successful. Thats a very reliable option plus having wwc near by is priceless. Good luck with the build and happy reefing!

Roggio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Carlos Danger Hopefully I was able to share something helpful.

I'm pretty lucky here in Orlando. Maybe WWC set a president but we have a lot of really good LRS. I havent even been to all of them. When I travel I like to check out other cities LRS and I've come realize we're spoiled in Orlando. Even when I go to Miami there's nothing like what we have here.

ravi197699

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is by far the best calcium reactor, I am upgrading my tank to 900 gallon display tank + extra large sump and I am planning on doing SPS tank, This calcium reactor is worth the money for it does and keeping Calcium and Alk in line by turning 1 single knob. Like to more input form other members who are using this calcium reactor (likes and dislikes).

FSBBN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Destaco Reactor from Unique corals five months ago. The EXT4 model. The reactor has been easy to set up. The problem is can't get parts for it. I paid for replacement tubes, a fuse, impeller and rotor at the time of purchase and still have not received them. It's going on five months. With I call Tim Kelly at Unique corals I keep hearing it is on its way and has been for five months. My whole SPS dominant system is relying on this reactor and if the fuse blows (240 volt) or the tube leaks it is useless. So I would think twice about buying something that is great but useless as soon as a part goes out.

WetWorks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Destaco Reactor from Unique corals five months ago. The EXT4 model. The reactor has been easy to set up. The problem is can't get parts for it. I paid for replacement tubes, a fuse, impeller and rotor at the time of purchase and still have not received them. It's going on five months. With I call Tim Kelly at Unique corals I keep hearing it is on its way and has been for five months. My whole SPS dominant system is relying on this reactor and if the fuse blows (240 volt) or the tube leaks it is useless. So I would think twice about buying something that is great but useless as soon as a part goes out.
You’re asking the wrong guys lol. Tell me what you need and I can get it, I literally just got a bunch of parts on the DastaCo I sold. PM me if you want

WetWorks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0DA44955-2E3B-47FF-9921-C8B139577F10.png A849ECD5-531B-4F99-A537-896D9A89C94C.png Sorry, parts for the reactor.

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I wouldn’t worry. The impeller is easily bought online from a number of sources, it’s an eheim pump. I have a spare but have not had to replace it yet. The peritubing is very thick, and durable. I replaced mine after 2 years of use and only because I wanted to be proactive. I didn’t even know there was a fuse in the controller, but haven’t had an issue in the 4 years I’ve owned it.

You’ll end up trusting the thing, it’s a well made product that will keep your alk rock solid.

stevenlu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t worry. The impeller is easily bought online from a number of sources, it’s an eheim pump. I have a spare but have not had to replace it yet. The peritubing is very thick, and durable. I replaced mine after 2 years of use and only because I wanted to be proactive. I didn’t even know there was a fuse in the controller, but haven’t had an issue in the 4 years I’ve owned it.

You’ll end up trusting the thing, it’s a well made product that will keep your alk rock solid.
Hey man,

Do you have the users manuel still by any chance? My DaStaCo alarm keeps going off and since I lost my manuel I don’t know what’s wrong. Could you take a picture and post it?

Thank you so much!!

Angels best

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone i got my dastaco couple weeks ago now it’s giving a long and slow beeping sound. Checked on the CO2 tank and it is full and no leak even did the soap bubble test. I noticed that if the dosing light is on it doesnt pour into the sump. It ran the whole day like this. Checked on the tubing and 1 end is below the water and the other where it is supposed to feed the sump is above water and very dry. Trying to save my water params. Please help. email is [email protected] please help

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been running one since couple years. Overall a good experience but still many pros and cons.
They have two series A and T and another one for.mega tanks... the T series which hangs on the wall is more like a DIY project when it comes.to finish. The A series is way more neat. U can break many parts while doing regular maintenance and my 2nd chamber once fell off and broke.
Now for the good part they have an excellent Facebook support group and the ow ers are very responsive by email, not sure how it goes in the US though.
I run the T4 which is rated for around 1600 litres 400 g and its handling my DT which is a 400 G plus 4 other small tanks/drag tanks and its handling very well at half the max power so far.
Alarms are great but can be annoying to pinpoint what the cause to each alarm is as many causes are linked to a same alarm type. Also when alarm goes on it stops the reactor which can be a pain if ur not there and when the cause is a simple co2 leak. I'd rather it ran at lower capacity due to the leak then stop, but then it can be a tank saver if issue is a stuck solenoid.
Control is very easy but other manufacturers now have digital controllers...
I've also seen some classic reactors with co2 dosers and dosing pumps and apex control that offer close functionality with even more control to max out production.
I have upgraded my second chamber after it broke and also added a DIY vent chamber with media and air stones to minimize air drops and it's been working great for a heavy system easily double the capacity of what reactor is rated for.

AquamanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any follow up comments on the DaStaCo CaRx. I’m considering getting one.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back