OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Andy things are slowly coming around for this little tank. Corals are doing better and better everyday since adding this new fixture.

rc8t6353

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice build. I just got the same tank but never had a reef ready before. Can you give me a little run thru on the plumbing. Where's your return?

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice build. I just got the same tank but never had a reef ready before. Can you give me a little run thru on the plumbing. Where's your return?
I am running this tank full siphon 1 drain in the overflow is my main and the other is my emergency just in case something clogs the main drain. The return I have plumbed over the back of the tank, it's against the wall and you don't even notice it's there. The purpose for running a full siphon overflow is the tank runs completely silent. I will post a picture for you. Hope you enjoy your tank as much as I enjoy mine. If you ever have any questions please ask, would be happy to help.

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
d2979dcf21bf6194f28ddfc554542134.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1463360077384.jpg

rc8t6353

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that the 1-1/4 drain tube is brought down to an inch before going in bulkhead. Did you run an inch down from there or get an adapter to take it back up to 1-1/4 going from bulkhead to sump.

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that the 1-1/4 drain tube is brought down to an inch before going in bulkhead. Did you run an inch down from there or get an adapter to take it back up to 1-1/4 going from bulkhead to sump.
I did not use any of the equipment that came with the tank. I bought threaded bulkheads and and stayed the same 1" diameter pipe on emergency and I believe the other drain was a 3/4 bulkhead "could be wrong" so I got a 3/4 to 1" adapter.

rc8t6353

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. My next question is what are the measurements of your main drain and emergency drain. I built the sump to be able to handle the overflow when pumps are off but have no clue what the standpipes measurements should be for the full siphon

OP
OP
falconerr

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My main drain it's just the bulkhead no pipe. The emergency drain you want it to be the same height as the overflow where the water flows in. I will post a pic.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.3%
Back