Delayed Shipment Quarantine

ChefCab

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 4 fish earlier in the week and the overnight delivery was scheduled for Friday the 29th. Unfortunately I received a message from the carrier that they would not deliver until 2 January. The vendor contacted them to explain the issue but couldn't get help.
The question is this: If any of them are still alive, what should the QT process look like? Specifically should I keep them in an unmedicated tank for a few days?

musaabi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ordered 4 fish earlier in the week and the overnight delivery was scheduled for Friday the 29th. Unfortunately I received a message from the carrier that they would not deliver until 2 January. The vendor contacted them to explain the issue but couldn't get help.
The question is this: If any of them are still alive, what should the QT process look like? Specifically should I keep them in an unmedicated tank for a few days?
methylene blue would be the only thing I would do initially as it’ll help increase o2 absorption and help with an ammonia burns.

OP
OP
ChefCab

ChefCab

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
methylene blue would be the only thing I would do initially as it’ll help increase o2 absorption and help with an ammonia burns.
I'll have to look that up. Currently I have Nitrofurazone and copper power. Thank you for the tip.

OP
OP
ChefCab

ChefCab

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: 3 of 4 arrived alive. The one casualty was a small clownfish. The 3 survivors are in QT with just Seachem Stress Guard.

Attachments

• 20240104_134201.jpg
    20240104_134201.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 14

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.1%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 50 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back