DFD’s IM 200g peninsula

DarfrogDojo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

My Innovative Marine 200 EXT peninsula arrived today. She sure is beautiful! I ordered it back in February, so it’s been about five months. Everything looks intact. However, the driver could not wait for me to inspect the load. I have not been able to thoroughly inspect everything yet, but the tank looks to be OK. Possible small issue with the stand, but to early to tell if it’s structural or cosmetic. (more to follow)

Situation: I currently have several small reef tanks. A CadLights 70g, an IM (AIO) 50g lagoon, and several small IM concept tanks. The plan is to integrate the two larger tanks into one reef system.

Equipment: I already have most of the equipment. I will monitor the system with the Neptunes Apex. I plan to dose, as well as run a RO calcium reactor. For lighting, I am using five Radion G5 pros, with two 72” AI Blade glows. For filtration, I plan to get the Synergy 60” roller sump with double Clarisea SK 5000’s, or possibly save a few bucks and get the Bashsea 60” roller mat sump. Both have a refugium. I haven’t ordered the sump yet, because I haven’t made up my mind. Also have a RO 200 Elite skimmer.

Sump Question
Q1: Does anyone have any input on either of theses sumps?
Q2: is a 60” sump necessary - or will a 48” suffice?

IMG_5289.jpeg
IMG_5288.png

OP
OP
DarfrogDojo

DarfrogDojo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran into a few delays clearing the space for the tank. I severly underestimated the size. The stand is together and I am working on getting the tank in the house this week. I still have to order a sump. I had already made up my mind to go with the Synergy or Bashea 60" sump with double Clarisea roller mats... but after careful consideration, I am gonna go with the Red Sea roller mat. Still researching the sump. Now I am just trying to decide whether to go with the 48" or 60" sump and which brand. Sometimes, I wish I had just gone with the new IM stock sump.

laconic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Following as I am super interested in the value IM has and want to run a sump with filter roller

DenverSaltyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great tanks!!!! I love mine. I would say the longer the sump the better down the road when you decide to add more equipment. I ended up getting the sump supplied with the tank and was able to fit the Red sea 1200 roller in the 2nd chamber works out great.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the overflow where the black weir is attatched. My 170 had a gap that I filled in with black silicone. This may or may not have caused the tanks that had the black piece to delaminate.
Water flowing over the weir into the gap is fixed by a bead of silicone.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%

Back