Dino killing fishes?

OsciBosci

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there! I have some problems with Dino, probably Ostreo. Today I have decided to suck out all od the Dino from the sand (a lot of). After that, most of my fishes started to heavy breathing. Almost 1h after the cleaning Chromis Viridis was dead, few ours later Ecsenius Bicolor was also dead. Is it possible that Dino released toxic into the water and it is killing my fishes?

taytay_1119

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No expert but by sucking and disturbing the sand bed it could’ve released gas and elevated or cause ammonia/nitrite spike. Hard to tell without your tank parameters and layout.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there! I have some problems with Dino, probably Ostreo. Today I have decided to suck out all od the Dino from the sand (a lot of). After that, most of my fishes started to heavy breathing. Almost 1h after the cleaning Chromis Viridis was dead, few ours later Ecsenius Bicolor was also dead. Is it possible that Dino released toxic into the water and it is killing my fishes?
Apply airstone, run carbon and do a water change

OP
OP
O

OsciBosci

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard for us to jump to that conclusion without knowing anything about your tank.... tank age, number of fish, parameters, tank size..... it could be the cause or it could be coincidence.
Yesterday - 3 months, 4 fishes - 3 Chromis and Ecsenius, Debelius, Amboinensis, few snails
NO3 0
PO4 0
NH3 0
PH 8.1
Salinity 1.023
Temp. 24.5 C
About 80 gallons

A lot of Dinos on Live Sand Samoa Pink and rock (started on dry rock)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 133 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back