Diy for fluval nano loght

Clown2Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Fluval Sea Nano Light but it doesn't fit my 1cm aquarium rim obviously. I know there is a 3D piece. but they are expensive on Etsy Canada. Is there another solution or DIY to do?

(It’s a 25gallon bow front, I was planning to buy other of these light for it.)

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you saying your glass is too thick for the light?

Looking at the mount online, you might be able to dremel 2 mm off one side to make it fit.

Upvote 0

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully its not too late, but honestly, an AI Prime would do much better on that tank than the fluval light. That won't do much for you, and even 2 or 3 of them wouldn't equal to one AI Prime IMO. Even one 100w nicrew would be better than those fluval lights.

Upvote 0

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Fluval Sea Nano Light but it doesn't fit my 1cm aquarium rim obviously. I know there is a 3D piece. but they are expensive on Etsy Canada. Is there another solution or DIY to do?

(It’s a 25gallon bow front, I was planning to buy other of these light for it.)
I have 2 of these leds unused and building a frag tank and was going to add 2 more! Did you figure out a way? I tried to dremel it earlier but just cant get the piece I dremeled to break off! Hard to explain

Hard to explain. What people dont realize when they bash these fluval is they have 6 independent channels and a 3 year warranty bluetooth and german made! Plus 3 preprogammed ones to choose from and a spectum graph cant be beat at 59 bucks! I only need about 60 watts for my shallow frag tank and 30 inches wide so no way can I get that kind of spred from one prime.

Not to mention I own two I never used just because I didint like the way it looked on my aio because it clearly showed the open part in the back so I got an aquatic life strip light and been working fine for 4 years and growing corals like crazy!

You dont have to spend a ton of money to grow corals. I returned my two radion G5 after trying out noopyches and they have been going strong for 4 years as well! I had one noop on one side and radion on the other and like the look of the noops better! Plus the radions were blinding me when I looked upwards at them from my desk!

Upvote 0

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back