Do foxface eat corals?

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay so this is starting to become a trend in my tank. Every few days. I find an lps. Either acan, or hammer bothered annoyed/pinched. My tank is 8 months old no swings. I test weekly with salifert/hanna checker + have apex trident to keep trends in check. I had this hammer for 8 months. Doing great, splitting etc. tonight come back from work. And its pinched. Lines coming out if it clearly bothered. I have a foxface, royal gamm, yellow tang, midas blenny, 2 wrasses. Do foxfaces eat corals? I feed nori every other day. I also feed once a day after work 1 mysis shrimp cube. Do i need to feed multiple times a day? Do foxfaces eat corals?

Thats the hammer

IMG_2143.png

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My foxface randomly bites my softies. Its bites are less frequent but more damaging than my cherub angel. Neither fish ever does real damage though. I could see a foxface bite doing decent damage to a smaller fleshy coral though. They don't seem to "eat" many corals in my experience though I've heard people talk about them fully eating fleshy LPS and zoas on occasion

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My foxface randomly bites my softies. Its bites are less frequent but more damaging than my cherub angel. Neither fish ever does real damage though. I could see a foxface bite doing decent damage to a smaller fleshy coral though. They don't seem to "eat" many corals in my experience though I've heard people talk about them fully eating fleshy LPS and zoas on occasion
If you look at my video. Its not a heavy damage. And more like a tiny bite enough to irritate my coral and infect it

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend feeding more. A single cube of mysis for all those fish doesn’t seem like very much to me.
Im going to buy an auto feeder and start feeding hikari seaweed extreme in the morning and frozen when i come back home

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back