Does EcoTech just need a couple of accessories to become a full-fledged controller?

PBishop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mobius today controls the Versa. It will eventually control the VorTech , Vectra, & Radion.

Imagine if EcoTech comes out with their own controllable power strip which I cannot imagine would be difficult to add.

All that is left is to monitor pH, temperature, salinity, and ORP. I also cannot imagine these being very difficult to add

Thoughts?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm certain they are working that direction. We shall see what and when.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That seems to be the direction they are taking but make no mistake this is not an easy task.
To be competitive they would need a Ton of features in the controllers software and hardware ports. Even if they had everything finished today it would still take at least 18 months of Beta testing with various configurations to know for sure that the software was pretty much bug free. If it's not bug free you risk the chance of someone or worst yet a few people making a post two weeks after launch that the new controller killed their $10,000 tank. It's pretty hard to recover from that kind of bad press.
So yes I think it's coming but I think it's a couple of years from hitting the market. I expect them to eventually release a much grander version of the EcoSmart. One that is expandable to become the the controllers brains.

OP
OP
P

PBishop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I answered my own question. Here’s a video where EchoTech is talking about how they will be introducing power strips and temperature probes in the near future.

Back