• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

*** Don't Miss It***

spotted jawfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have this frag of Rainbow Magic Acan (4 small polyps) up for sale. This frag is WYSIWYG. Shipping via Fedex Overnight, Foam Box, Heat pack (if needed).

WYSIWYG $350 shipped Extremely Rainbow on this frag. :tongue:
IMG_4608.jpg

PM is key, First Come First Serve.
Thanks for Looking.

Last edited:
OP
OP
spotted jawfish

spotted jawfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can you get rid of the hydroids? Do they bother the coral?

Really I dont know. I Google it and the are some type of organism and my system can keep it without issues. No, They dont harm any of my corals.

If someone know how can I get rid of it, Please PM me

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet acan!

Those are hydroids,you can get rid of them ,manually, and that kind does not harm corals. You would be surprised but alot of frags we recieve usually have this species of hydroids on them. I guess they are the most dominant species in tanks.

Once again, awsome acan spotted jawfish!!!

foxhuntr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep those are hydroids......they are very hard to get rid of and they do sting corals....best thing to do is frag them off the rock the acan is on........BTW..... very nice looking acans

Gamble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had some of these hydroids on a zoa frag that I got in, they did **** the polyp off. I just scraped the hydroids off as they came up and then after a few times, they stopped coming back. If they get really bad, I have heard that you just frag the coral off and ditch the frag plug, simple enough.

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea,you can cut them with a razor blade,cut the colony of the rock with a dremel,or scrub them with a wire/pipe cleaning brush. Then eventually the colony will die off.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 52 40.9%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 64 50.4%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.9%
Back