• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Dr Reef Fish Mixup

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

linzlou4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @Dr Reef,

I’m hoping you can help me resolve the main issue with my order is fairly straight forward. As we discussed in email there may be disease issues, but will know more as the days go by. Before today our communications have been positive, your fish arrived pretty healthy, so I’m hopeful we’ll be able to quickly resolve this as well.

My order was this (from your email):

Thank you for your order​

Hi there. Your recent order on Quarantined Fish has been completed. UPS will send you an email directly with tracking info and it might say Affordable Saltwater on it. Your order details are shown below for your reference:​

Order: 23QF10180​

Product​
Quantity​
Price​
Moorish Idol - Quarantined​
  • Service Level:
    Quarantined
1​
$159.99​
Queen Angelfish - Quarantined​
  • Service Level:
    Quarantined
1​
$349.99​
  • Service Level:
    Quarantined
1​
$499.99​
Springeri Damsel - Quarantined​
  • Service Level:
    Quarantined
3​
$59.97​

Unfortunately I’ve attached a photo of the fish that arrived as they all sat in the acclimation box.

Arrived:
- 3 springeri damsels (one died in transit so that you for sending an extra so we’re square on this)
- 1 Morish Idol, under weight but is eating.
- 1 Queen Angel, has begun eating finally today, has a slight white speck on it that I’m monitoring.
- 1 unknown Angel fish (but NOT a blue face angel) Confirmed from other fish experts confirmed that have confirmed the ID is NOT a Blue Face Angel that I ordered.

The body type of the incorrect unknown angel is too similar to the queen angel, I’m worried about aggression which is explicitly why I didn’t order two queens or a Blue Angel from a different source. Therefore I’m happy to send it back to you after it’s had time to calm down or take to LFS, please advice.

Needed Resolution: We need the Large Adult Blue Face Quarantine Angel that I ordered to be sent to me. I have a large Emperor so the larger the better to help with any aggression and this will be the last fish added.

I’ve attached videos of my entire tank wish is my fully fish population, the circled the unknown angel mistakenly sent, and a comparison photo.

Thank you for your time and for attempting to resolve this issue :)

IMG_2706.jpeg IMG_2807.jpeg IMG_2804.jpeg IMG_2805.png IMG_2821.png

Attachments

• IMG_2806.mov
    63.3 MB

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we have checked my purchase records and also sent this pic from the customer to my wholesaler and they also confirmed it looks like a sub adult BLUE Angel (holacanthus isabelita) not a BLUE FACE (Pomacanthus xanthometopon)
So it was a mix up from the wholesaler, as we dont carry this fish in our inventory and only acquire when orders come in.
Either way its a mixup and I recommend @linzlou4 to contact us at [email protected] and will arrange a true blue face angel for you at no cost to you.
You can choose to keep/gift/sell this fish at your disposal.

OP
OP
L

linzlou4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @Dr Reef,

I’m hoping you can help me resolve the main issue with my order is fairly straight forward. As we discussed in email there may be disease issues, but will know more as the days go by. Before today our communications have been positive, your fish arrived pretty healthy, so I’m hopeful we’ll be able to quickly resolve this as well.

My order was this (from your email):

Thank you for your order​

Hi there. Your recent order on Quarantined Fish has been completed. UPS will send you an email directly with tracking info and it might say Affordable Saltwater on it. Your order details are shown below for your reference:​

Order: 23QF10180​

Product​
Quantity​
Price​
Moorish Idol - Quarantined​
  • Service Level:
    Quarantined
1​
$159.99​
Queen Angelfish - Quarantined​
  • Service Level:
    Quarantined
1​
$349.99​
  • Service Level:
    Quarantined
1​
$499.99​
Springeri Damsel - Quarantined​
  • Service Level:
    Quarantined
3​
$59.97​

Unfortunately I’ve attached a photo of the fish that arrived as they all sat in the acclimation box.

Arrived:
- 3 springeri damsels (one died in transit so that you for sending an extra so we’re square on this)
- 1 Morish Idol, under weight but is eating.
- 1 Queen Angel, has begun eating finally today, has a slight white speck on it that I’m monitoring.
- 1 unknown Angel fish (but NOT a blue face angel) Confirmed from other fish experts confirmed that have confirmed the ID is NOT a Blue Face Angel that I ordered.

The body type of the incorrect unknown angel is too similar to the queen angel, I’m worried about aggression which is explicitly why I didn’t order two queens or a Blue Angel from a different source. Therefore I’m happy to send it back to you after it’s had time to calm down or take to LFS, please advice.

Needed Resolution: We need the Large Adult Blue Face Quarantine Angel that I ordered to be sent to me. I have a large Emperor so the larger the better to help with any aggression and this will be the last fish added.

I’ve attached videos of my entire tank wish is my fully fish population, the circled the unknown angel mistakenly sent, and a comparison photo.

Thank you for your time and for attempting to resolve this issue :)

IMG_2706.jpeg IMG_2807.jpeg IMG_2804.jpeg IMG_2805.png IMG_2821.png
Thank you so much for the quick response! I’ll send this to the email chain :)

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back