Duffs New Addition!! Fuego and Beetle Juice Chalice!

OP
OP
Duffam3434

Duffam3434

**TASTE THE RAINBOW**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just read the hole thread and you have some beautiful corals cant wait to get my tank looking like that.

Thank You!! Do you have a Tank Thread? If so Please send me the Link, I'd Love to check it out!

I can belive you spent alot I'm bit new to the hobby and I seem to be on that path.. how big is your tank and is all this in there? You have quite the pieces..

Haha, Its a good path to be on! The one pictured is the 29 Gallon, 40 Should be ready within the next few weeks. Yes everything you've seen in my Thread is stuffed into this little tank. Takes a while and a lot of moving to find a good spot the Corals like every time we add a New one!

I just read the whole thread and re-energized. I will be at Reef-A-Palooza Orlando this weekend and hopefully can score something nice. Quick question, how high above the water is your light fixture/How far away are your corals from the light fixture?

Thanks.

Thanks!! I wish I was going to Reef-A-Palooza!! Will you be adding pics of anything New you Pick Up!?! Also The light is about 1.5" above the top of the tank, and our Chalices are about 2" off the sand bed but do just as well on the SB. Zoas seem to do perfect every where in the tank but I have them just under the mid-way point. Scolys always on the SB. Acans do Perfect anywhere in the Tank as well. The Palys started stretching when they were low, So I raised them up about 8" away from light and they Love it!

OP
OP
Duffam3434

Duffam3434

**TASTE THE RAINBOW**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a Small update and a few New pick-ups!

IMG_20140627_071640.jpg

IMG_20140627_083216.jpg

IMG_20140627_033004.jpg

IMG_20140627_034120.jpg

I've been playing around with this new app that lets you just color in the colors you want, Since laptops still down..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Duffam3434

Duffam3434

**TASTE THE RAINBOW**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone!! So far the Rainbow Flamethrower is my new Fav! Got a few from Shrimplet and theyre looking better and better, the RC is coming along well ! My Fuego is growing off the 2.25" disc its on but still only 5 eyes!! Going to be tossing it in the new tank soon then it'll be under the ATI fixture and will hopefully explode with new eyes! My dad and I built a stand for the new tank so Ill be posting pics of the build. Just a little 40breeder but the stand turned out amazing considering it was our first attempt. its almost cycled so pics will come soon! Thanks Again Guys!!

OP
OP
Duffam3434

Duffam3434

**TASTE THE RAINBOW**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, Ill toss a few up quick. We have just about everything moved to the new tank now. Were putting the rest of the corals in now and fish in the morning.

20140612_225052.jpg

Heres the Stand my Dad and I built. Turned out Way Better than I expected and cost less than 100$, compaired to the Standard stands that are 250$ and not very nice looking imo. We added a little table with some hinges for fragging as well as a small shelf on the other side for fish food.

20140612_225724.jpg

Added 3 holes for cords, So theyre not in the way. The board on the back is where the UV Sterilizer is hung, Thats what those clamps are for.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Duffam3434

Duffam3434

**TASTE THE RAINBOW**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having troubles posting pics with my crappy phone. I will get more up later on today.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back