Dumb luck..this fish should be DEAD...

Ladipyg

Saltwater Diva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Earlier this week I added a pair of scissortail gobies to my tank and I made sure that the eggcrate and screening was in place. My tank has a false back...there are 4 holes from before it was drilled for a sump...I usually keep a bunch of chocolate chip starfish in there for my Harlequin shrimp. The screen must have fallen off and I didn't notice it, so the smaller of the gobies swam into the false back...he then "jumped ship". Couldn't find him so I figured the cat got him when I wasn't looking, you know, fish jerky.

Today, I go to empty out the 5 gallon bucket I acclimated them in, OK, I'll admit I was lazy. It was sitting off to the side of the tank, on the other side of my storage unit. I go to fish some plastic bags out so I can dump the water down the drain and I see something move...totally unbelievable but there's the goby swimming around in the bottom of the bucket and NO, I did not accidently leave him in there..both gobies were swimming in the tank. The jump from the back of the tank to be even with the bucket is 34" (I measured it) and 47" down to the bottom of the bucket. So I put him in a bag to warm him up...that water was cold. Today he's out eating and doing just fine. Must have a some CAT in him with nine lives cause there is NO WAY he should have survived that move!!!
luckyfish-1.jpg

Breakin Newz

WINNING!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha thats great, kinda the same thing happen to my brothers fish it jumped out from the back of the tank and somehow ended up in his sump alive...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HA That's awesome!

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I'd go out and buy a lottery ticket with that kind of luck...oh wait, fish can't buy lottery tickets, lol.

Great story :D

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 72 43.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back