OP
OP
B

BSej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could need more light because they need closer to 150 par I keep mine about mid way up in my tank.
He was opening fully for a while under the same lighting conditions. I don't really have a place to put him in the tank that would offer 150. Increasing my intensity would fry some other guys. Hard to explain the light setup but that's more or less the case.

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not getting blasted, flowing nicely.
Maybe move him higher up maybe not receiving enough light but I wouldn’t think that would cause it to be closed I would think it would be extended if more light was needed I had zoas that needed more light and they just extended up towards the light.

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He was opening fully for a while under the same lighting conditions. I don't really have a place to put him in the tank that would offer 150. Increasing my intensity would fry some other guys. Hard to explain the light setup but that's more or less the case.
Yeah than I don’t know Duncan’s can be really east sometimes but also very moody with changes in water params. I agree that I don’t think it’s BJD because that kills fairly quickly. Idk if I would do anything else to him and just give him some time and see what happens. Sometimes Coral just fails for no reason.

OP
OP
B

BSej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah than I don’t know Duncan’s can be really east sometimes but also very moody with changes in water params. I agree that I don’t think it’s BJD because that kills fairly quickly. Idk if I would do anything else to him and just give him some time and see what happens. Sometimes Coral just fails for no reason.
Thanks for your help! I did find a spot with more PAR I could try. Will post an update in a week or so.

OP
OP
B

BSej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well..
What’s that?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 10.36.33 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 10.36.33 AM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 25
OP
OP
B

BSej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I threw it out. I have a goniopora and Zoa that also look like they’re getting this slime coating..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back