Dwair 180g Achilles Focus

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang nice photos, I have to get my camera dialed in. I tried to setup a custom white balance and everything turned green.

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that nem looks huge! Great shots, makes me a little sad....I had a pb tang and purple tang, the pb passed away 3 months back for unknown reason, no signs of illness, was acting and eating great then that night he didn't eat and the next morning was belly up. Was a great fish with awesome personality, had him for 4 years. Anyways, I'm tempted to get another pb or a black tang, might wait until I upgrade so I can get both. Sorry for the rambling....reef is looking great

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang nice photos, I have to get my camera dialed in. I tried to setup a custom white balance and everything turned green.

Yep I've tried that as well. Works like absolute garbage. Honestly I've found that Auto White balance works pretty well. However, I shoot everything in RAW and then edit it later in Lightroom, if it is too blue, I turn up the temp and make it looks normal. Just requires playing around with it.

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that nem looks huge! Great shots, makes me a little sad....I had a pb tang and purple tang, the pb passed away 3 months back for unknown reason, no signs of illness, was acting and eating great then that night he didn't eat and the next morning was belly up. Was a great fish with awesome personality, had him for 4 years. Anyways, I'm tempted to get another pb or a black tang, might wait until I upgrade so I can get both. Sorry for the rambling....reef is looking great

Thanks! Yes that Nem is huge. When fully opened can get up to 18" in Circumference :)

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I showed pics of the frag tank I got awhile back. I had the MP10 and Radion XR15W. Neither worked out very well, so I sold them and got me a 24" ATI 8 bulb Fixture. Kinda matches my DT now anyways, so don't have to worry about switching coral between the DT and Frag tank, especially because they are plumbed together. Anyways, got the light in yesterday and a 850gph Koralia pump (Only thing I could find that would go on 3/4" Acrylic without it being TO much flow).

So all successfully setup now. Here's some pics. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 167 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.6%
Back