Easy way to get rid of blue?

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I have a Cannon G11, just an older point and shoot camera. I don't have any editing software and I am not looking to purchase any. I just want to be able to get my photos to not look blue. I know it has to do with the white balance, and I am sure that this has been asked before. Is there any free software that is easy to use so that my photos look truer to actual colors?

donnievaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't tried it myself but I've read that you can hold a piece of yellow translucent plastic over the lens like the plastic tabs for file folders.

ahmed.boomer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's free software out there that will change color temperature of your photos. It will degrade the image some, but it should be minimal. I know Fotor does it for smartphones, but I don't think they have a free desktop equivalent. It's under the temperature icon on the mobile app. I'd give it a shot.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on how much blue is in the picture. Software may not be able to take it out.
Esp true of many led narrowband blues.
Also depends camera to camera.

TWT5011

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There should be some "amber" colored filters that will help... hopefully that will fit a Cannon G11 lens... I often use my iPhone for tank photos (quick shots) and I use the small square gel filters (tape them to my phone) that saltyfilmfolks is suggesting and they work perfectly. The different gel filters remove different colors... I recommend them.

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the replys. I talked to my bother, who is actually a professional photographer and he reminded me of the Pittsburgh Center for Creative Re-Use who sell gel filters for a few cents. I'm going to stop down with a dollar and get a few.

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will probably swing by on Monday and will certainly stick some pictures up.

donnievaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't tried it myself but I've read that you can hold a piece of yellow translucent plastic over the lens like the plastic tabs for file folders.

OK, I finally tried it for myself tonight and WOW! It works like a champ!
IMG_4420.JPG
IMG_4421.JPG

Back