ebay horror storys?

djzackfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any one have any live coral horror storys on ebay? i am going through 1 now.
I purchased some zoa's . when they arrived the bag was barely full of water.
no heat pack. i took a pic of the bag for the return. the seller said my picture was no good. how am i supposed to photograph dead zoos through double bags full of detritus and bristle worms. so he isnt going to honor his return policy. what a crook.
i guess live and learn

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an eBay seller myself for many years I can tell you, dont go sending hate email. The best thing you can do is try to rationalize with them. Give them as much detail of how you recveived the item and what measures you took to save them. If in fact they were DOA and the water was all cloudy, take a pic of the cloudy water. Then empty the bag and take a pic of the dead coral. I always want to see a pic of the coral. Then after all that, wait a day for a reply. If he is still not willing to work with you then and only then should you revert to a threat tactic of leaving negative feedback. eBay changed there policy a while back protecting you the buyer by allowing you to leave negative feedback without the reprocussion from the seller.

If you are forced into that scenario just simply as a last ditch effort tell the seller that if compensation or credit is not made you will have to be forced into leaving negative feedback. If he is a seller in good standing he should work with you and resolve the issue. Hope this helps and sorry about your problem. Buy from me next time...lol My user id is Auctionmethis.com on eBay and I have a great track record and sell lots of zoas.;)

OP
OP
D

djzackfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have deffinately seen you on there....you have very nice layouts and beautiful photos.
youre now on my favs.
as far as this guy goes we will see. im just sorry i found this forum too late.
people like im dealing with cause distrust and drive down demand ultimately effecting buyers trust and sellers reputations .
nice to meet you
im DJ

rackyrane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. I always try and buy my corals from the sponsors here, my LFS and other reefers. I have always had good dealings with the other regular R2R folks.

R

reef-nut

View Badges
I had problems with him in the past. Do not remember details. They can be difficult.

reefcleaners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just got some halimeda. It was put in a letter envelope. I am going to sell it as white and flat halimeda. :) At $10 bucks though I don't feel so bad about throwing it away.

saltwaternewb

Team Nikon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you pay through paypal? If so, file a complaint through them. It freezes his account and if they find in your favor, they will take the money from him and give back to you, if there is enough in there. I have had to do that a couple times after emails failed to resolve the issue.

saltwaternewb

Team Nikon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, you get what you pay for!!!! No doubt. On higher end corals I would want to know they are gonna get there safe and sound. AMT prices are just as comperable. $25 for west coast shipments as oppose to $20 on Mr. Corals east coast shipments and FedEx I trust much more than the good ol mail man.........

Wow, those shipping charges are pretty insane. Check out Mr. Corals ebay auctions. He is listed under the name rarecorals and his shipping is $20. I ordered a zoa frag and duncan from him and they arrived very well packed and in great shape.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 142 74.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back