EcoTech Marine Launches Coral Lab Project.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

sn2per

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you may want to consider slowly increasing the power to compensate for the wide angle lenses. It's tough t know just how much without a PAR meter but at least a 15% increase over a few weeks should help.

david p.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have been running this since release, i'm pretty happy with results of both .
one question i have, i used to run at 65% my G3pro, with the pre-program if i put 65% intensity, on graph it shows aroune 42% at peak (that's what i use)... do i need to leave intensity at 100% to have a peak at 65% during the day ? just want to make sure i get the most of it without burning my corals!
upload_2016-8-14_21-16-18.png

upload_2016-8-14_21-16-36.png

Alanc425

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will these programs be compatible with the Gen 4? Or same concept I assume...Blue: on 100% and rest on 24%?

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with the AB+ for a month and saw great growth and color. Used PHX14 for 1 month and also saw great growth. I have now Mixd the two schedule with the PHX14 peaking at noon then coming back down to AB+ Visually to the eye the mixture looks great. I love my Radions even more now. I am seeing colors out of my SPS only tank I have never seen or as strong.
What intensity are you running the Radions on and how long? I just switched to the PHX14 program yesterday, was previously using the radiant schedule at 45% and it came on at 9am and off at 8, moonlight til almost 10pm.
I have it on 50% now. Have sps, lots of zoas and a few lps.
I guess this schedule doesn't let you run the lunar schedule... It gave me the option but the lights go off completely at 8. :mad:

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will these programs be compatible with the Gen 4? Or same concept I assume...Blue: on 100% and rest on 24%?

The schedule has already been updated. They have simply put the violet at the same level as the blues and UV and the warm white at the same level as the cool white.

cobraz

Zoo Hunter
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have been running this since release, i'm pretty happy with results of both .
one question i have, i used to run at 65% my G3pro, with the pre-program if i put 65% intensity, on graph it shows aroune 42% at peak (that's what i use)... do i need to leave intensity at 100% to have a peak at 65% during the day ? just want to make sure i get the most of it without burning my corals!
upload_2016-8-14_21-16-18.png

upload_2016-8-14_21-16-36.png
Bump to see if some can answer this question ...

Alanc425

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the SPS AB+ program change for the G4s? Im playing around with it now....using the preset settings from coral lab, ill set my maximum intensity to 100%, and on the graph scale it still only goes up to 70%

http://imgur.com/a/mjIPv

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm still curious on how to interprete the graph!

65% is the intensity of the program (Since the program isnt using all the channels equally it will never get to 100% usage of the unit(s) capacity.). 42% is the % of MAX power the unit can deliver. E.G all channels att 100% with intensity 100%.

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What intensity are you running the Radions on and how long? I just switched to the PHX14 program yesterday, was previously using the radiant schedule at 45% and it came on at 9am and off at 8, moonlight til almost 10pm.
I have it on 50% now. Have sps, lots of zoas and a few lps.
I guess this schedule doesn't let you run the lunar schedule... It gave me the option but the lights go off completely at 8. :mad:
I am running this program and my moonlights run perfectly??...almost too well actually... All but 1 night of the month they are on until 6am then they go off until the program starts again at 9 am. I guess I dont KNOW if that is right, I was initially concerned about the lowlight all night but seems ok.

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running this program and my moonlights run perfectly??...almost too well actually... All but 1 night of the month they are on until 6am then they go off until the program starts again at 9 am. I guess I dont KNOW if that is right, I was initially concerned about the lowlight all night but seems ok.
Are your moonlights separate? Or the Radions? Mine don't come on at all. Just dims down and goes off at 8pm.

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, glad it's not just me. Corals seem to be doing well. I just miss the moonlight.

sn2per

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone has already answered the question around Total Power bar setting v Running power... Just to confirm they will always be different unless the colour bars are set to 100% then the Total Power bar will match the Running power %...

Moonlight could be being confused with the Lunar Cycle option. This has a max setting of 20% as far as I remember and works with ESL and your location on the planet. It should relate to the local Moon Phase. If you have a Dark moon you may not notice the lights a Full moon could see your lights running during the night at that max 20%...

Moonlights in the classic sense with regards to a single led being controllable isn't part of the Radion.

Hope that helps.

Ian.

Hysa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today's picture:

Same profile corals reacting as usual good grow and color as well.

image.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back