Ecotech radion g5 knock off found!

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running into some connection issues with the app on my new X30 lights. I bought 2 for my 4ft tank and setting the first light, everything went smoothly. I connected to the light's wifi, linked it to my home wifi, and can control it wirelessly. So I thought, great, on to the next light. Connected to the light's wifi just fine but when I tried to link it to my home's wifi, it straight up refused and kept saying it cannot find any wifi. I lost track how many times I tried, but one time I found my home's network, I typed in the password and it just stopped and lost connection. The light was flashing this yellow and white light too. I tried deleting my first light from my devices and try setting up the second light and that didnt work. I restarted the light, did a factory reset and still nothing.

I can only control the second light through direct link, meaning connecting to the light's wifi and setting the light schedule there. During my struggles, the first light now somehow refuses to connect to my wifi as well. So now I have to direct link to both lights with their onboard wifi to do any settings and changes. Not Ideal but at least it will get me started.

Anyone have the same issue and know how to fix this? This app doesnt work with android 14 so Im using an antient phone for now. Asking the seller and he needs to talk with his technical people so waiting for him to get back to me.

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So playing around with the app some more, borrowing an ios phone to see if the problem somehow fixes itself, and resetting the lights 10+ times, I finally am able to successfully add the 2 lights on the app and link them together on either platform but ran into yet another problem, both lights cannot be synced with one another.

I would pick 1 of the 4 presets on the app on my left light and send the program to both lights. The app will say that it has sent it to my left light, then my right light, but my right light is running a totally different setting than my left. If I set a program on my right light and send it to both lights, the right light will get the correct program, but my left will have a different program sent. The "wrong" program sent to either phones are the same weirdly enough tho.

Right now have unlinked both lights and just send the lighting schedule to each light individually for now. Just sucks I would have to match the intensity with both lights as close as possible.

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after 2 weeks of talking to the seller, taking a video of the light linked together but not syncing, and waiting for their programmers to look into the problem. They officially gave up and reimbursed me 100rmb or almost 14 bucks for my troubles. Light works fine individually, just not linked.

I really wish they add a plus minus button so I could precisely dial in the intensity. The slider is impossible to use accurately.

RoanokeReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now that you got these together are they hung and if so how are you liking them ? and is the App working in English?
Click on my build thread there’s a pic there. I like them, the app is English but is terrible. However I set them once and don’t really mess with them so not a huge deal.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back