EcoTech Vectra and Vortech firmware change to Mobius on June 1st

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the app will send a notification when it’s ready, or do I just continue loading the app hourly and checking myself lol

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Mine was able to upgrade today, woot woot!

AEFD62F5-97ED-4614-8C47-ACC7B163C799.png

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the app will send a notification when it’s ready, or do I just continue loading the app hourly and checking myself lol
You'll get a notification in the app telling you that you can upgrade legacy devices. In order to prevent CS from being overwhelmed they are only allowing a handful of new users a week at random.

Just keep an eye out for the notification.

Clownreef

View Badges
Reaction score
I should have never updated. Now my reef link won't find my MP40s. I got home from work last night and all 4 of them were piping hot to the touch. They had been running full speed for almost 12 hours. How can I go back to the way they were on the reef link?

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
In order for the order equipments ( Radion, Vectras and Vortech) to work with Mobius they need an upgrade bluetooth chip (black color). They already were shipping older equipment with this new chip, I have three radions from 2018 and two mp40 also from 2018 and all of them are already compatible and ready for Mobius. There are two ways to know if your existing pumps and or lights have the required update chip: 1-If you have RL controlling your lights and pumps, you can go to devices and tap on the info icon fro each equipment and they are going to say something like Mobius ready. 2- you can open the controller of the pump and look for the wireless chip, if the chip is black color, your pump is compatible. Another way is the if your pump manufacturing date is from 2018 up, there is a good chance is already compatible. All of these equipments are going to be upgradable to Mobius once Ecotech release the firmware update.
If you have the old green wireless chip, or if under RL they said Mobius upgradable. Then you will need to buy the new wireless chip. Which by the way was only $20.00 a few weeks ago, dont know if they are still available.

Robinson

I know this is an old thread but I am getting ready to set up my tank and my dates on new never used Ecotech MP40qwd's that has a decal date of Dec 12 2018 on the factory boxes, i SHOULD BE GOOD TO go correct?

EcoTech MP40QWD's.jpeg

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score

Robinson

I know this is an old thread but I am getting ready to set up my tank and my dates on new never used Ecotech MP40qwd's that has a decal date of Dec 12 2018 on the factory boxes, i SHOULD BE GOOD TO go correct?

EcoTech MP40QWD's.jpeg's.jpeg
Download the mobius app, create your tank and press the + to add equipment. There press: Update Legacy Devices, then if the pumps are compatible with mobius you will be able to see those there and select them to perform the mobius software update to the pumps.

EA789F60-3DC9-43EA-A201-1DAF17AEBA46.png

Attachments

• 900A229F-4F2E-48DE-932D-C83CBDA35168.jpeg
    900A229F-4F2E-48DE-932D-C83CBDA35168.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 35

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Mine are from 2018 and they were compatible, you just need to perform the update and will be able to control those via mobius app.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score

Robinson

EcoTech MP40QWD's.jpeg's.jpeg
@Robinson hit it on the nail! If you have any other questions, you can reply to this thread or you can contact Ecotech Marine directly. Happy reefing!

-Brennen@MarineDepot

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Download the mobius app, create your tank and press the + to add equipment. There press: Update Legacy Devices, then if the pumps are compatible with mobius you will be able to see those there and select them to perform the mobius software update to the pumps.

EA789F60-3DC9-43EA-A201-1DAF17AEBA46.png
tHANKS, i will be getting them wet in the next few weeks for my SCA150 build.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back