Emerald crab

WindeyD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair and have found that if I don't spot feed them they eat my snails; I take a piece of dried seaweed on a BBQ skewer and present it to each crab 3x weekly and since then my emeralds have been model citizens:)

jsanchez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one, a large male. He was probably 2 inches wide. I ended up feeding him to my bubble tip anemone when I caught him attacking my 1.5 inch foxface, ripped part of the tail off. Needless to say I don't trust them anymore.

HumanMachine

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one that's the size of a silver dollar who is a bubble eating machine. I always find patches of the stuff stuck in my power heads and he typically pulls it off, eats a little, then lets it go. He's been great for the tank and doesn't bother my polyps just yet.

Dr.Reefgood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pretty good sized one. Which means he's always hungry. When he comes out during the day i hand feed him some sea veggies. If i dont keep him satisfied he starts picking at rocks like he is suppose to. He gets in between zoa's so well that if the rock is brittle it breaks off with the polyps. He never eats or damages anything just sends it flying off with the current. In retrospect i should have passed on him. Krabby is in a 30gal and would probably benefit from a bigger system.

robert829

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my absolute favorite critters. While I am only on FOWLR, this little guy is awesome. He's beautiful and hilarious. Great personality!

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one for about 8 months.. it never bothers a thing in my tank. I had everything from zoa's, Nem's, and a mosh posh of other types of corals. It was my go to entertainment of the tank when lights were out.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 96 80.7%
  • Other.

Back