OP
OP
Fishinwall

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't live there but I travel to Erie (from Mentor, OH) once a week for work. Everytime I drive out there, I wonder what new reef stores I am driving by :)

Actually the best one is by you in Medina...Blue Fish.
The only halfway decent locally owed one is Sea Cave... On the east side. Near 14th and Ash You have to catch them on a good day though.

What's your tank like? Do you have a thread?

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually the best one is by you in Medina...Blue Fish.
The only halfway decent locally owed one is Sea Cave... On the east side. Near 14th and Ash You have to catch them on a good day though.

What's your tank like? Do you have a thread?

I actually go to a Blue Fish Aquariums in Mayfield.......I didn't realize there was one in Medina also. They just opened up a new store 5 minutes from my house called Reef Oasis......makes it very convenient to spend more money :) I have a 60 gallon mixed reef with a 20 gallon sump. No, no build thread unfortunately. The tank has been running for almost a year. Any pictures of yours?

OP
OP
Fishinwall

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's in Mayfield. I don't know my OH townships very well. Lol

Oh I'll have to check out the new one. Who had better prices and selection in your opinion?

Check out my tread. I'll have to load more photos on it.

OP
OP
Fishinwall

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Click on my profile. My thread is in my signature. The app won't let me copy and paste it. Ugh

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Click on my profile. My thread is in my signature. The app won't let me copy and paste it. Ugh

I love the look of the tank being built into the cabinet/wall like it is.....aquascaping looks nice as well. I would like to see some current pics.

To answer your question, Reef Oasis has slightly better prices. Both places have a really nice selection of coral.....Reef Oasis seems to have a better selection of softies and LPS while Blue Fish has a better SPS selection. They both have plenty of supplies. As of right now, Blue Fish has a better fish selection but Reef Oasis is still new. I don't make it out to Blue Fish much anymore with the new place being so close to my house. Check out their website if you get a chance....they have a lot of pictures of the store being setup/built from the ground up. It is pretty interesting.

OP
OP
Fishinwall

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the current pics aren't much different since I don't have anything in the tank except two emerald crabs... Who aren't doing all that great which concerns me.

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thanks.....I will take a look. I will throw some up of mine as well once I get back home (I am in Erie today).

jld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have some cream slow pulse xenia (two large heads on a branch) and a clam shell full of waving hand Anthelia... thinning out too much for my bc14 - trades? also some zoa, shroom frags? lemme know erie pa!

twistedfinn967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
South of Erie, check out Slippery Rock Corals in Slippery Rock. Heading towards Cleveland, check out Reef Oasis in Mentor and Blue Fish in Mayfield if you're going that far.

OP
OP
Fishinwall

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a while since I've been to Slippery Rock. I wasn't too impressed... Was over a year ago. Do they have a lot of Sps?

OP
OP
Fishinwall

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Bob was awesome...much like Polamalu.... Unfortunately Bob got hurt and his career was short lived. He's even dropped out of our community...into hiding, sad.

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• High.jpg
    High.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 107
OP
OP
Fishinwall

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's looking nice. How long has it been up? What size is that?

What rock did you use? Are they purple or is that just the lighting right now?

I like it. Looking forward to seeing it progress.

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks....it is a 60 gallon with a 20 gallon sump. There are only a few fish in there (one of them not even mine)...mostly coral at the moment. It has been set up 13 months. I used Tukani live rock which was very high quality. I never even experienced the initial cycle. The pictures definitely came out purple but it doesn't look like that....it is just an iPhone picture unfortunately.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 58 42.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 65 47.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back