Eshopps sump filter

JamesB74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added an Eshopps rs 200 gen 3 to my 90gal reef tank. I had to buy all new filters for it. My question is the black sponge filter seems a little long and mays the sponge squished at the ends, do I need to trim to fit it?or is it fine? Thank you in advance for your replies.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I usually remove the sponge but oversized is probably better than undersized? You want the sponge to fit in there tightly. If it's too loose it could pop out if there's any back pressure from the return section.

OP
OP
JamesB74

JamesB74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually remove the sponge but oversized is probably better than undersized? You want the sponge to fit in there tightly. If it's too loose it could pop out if there's any back pressure from the return section.
I figured it was smarter to ask first sump and all

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's always good to ask. My current sump has the sponge, my old sponge doesn't. I've got two or three others that I eventually removed the sponge because they clog and cause ATO over filling if you don't keep them clean...

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%

Back