Everyone qualifies for this weeks drawing for the Great Forum Giveaway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Everyone qualifies for this weeks drawing for the Great Forum Giveaway IF you post in this thread your favorite thing about reefing and why! Must be a complete post with 50 characters or more!

You have till March 22nd 12:00am to qualify for the drawing for this week!

Ok so now for the prizes and awesome sponsors of each prize!

1. Grand Prize Sponsored by REEF2REEF is a 150G Marineland Deep Dimension Aquarium, Stand, and Canopy.
r2ranimated-1.gif

2. $1000 Gift Certificate Sponsored by Sexy Corals.

3. $1000 Coral Package Sponsored by Sexy Corals.

4. Bubble Magus BM-180CS Protein Skimmer Sponsored by TB Aquatics.

5. Evolution LED Light Sponsored by Evolution LED.

6. 24" x 18" x 10" Rimless Frag Tank Sponsored by our very own DIY Moderator Troylee.

7. K1 Kalk Stirrer Sponsored by Avast Marine.

8. Reef Keeper Lite Sponsored by: Sponsor TBA

9. Avast Media Reactor Sponsored by Avast Marine.

10. Classic Series Frag Rack Sponsored by The Blue Glow.

11. Avast Top Off Kit Sponsored by Avast Marine.

12. Prize and Sponsor TBA

Please thank our sponsors by visiting their websites and by purchasing from them! Also if you have any questions please ask in this thread. Remember now that each week there will be one new qualifier for a prize with the chances of 1 in 12 of winning the Grand Prize. So if you get started late on the contest that is not a problem!

Thank you and best of luck to you all!

Last edited:

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite part is watching my fish and coral do good and grow! It makes me feel good knowing im doing a good job making a suitable home for them. Also all the great people I have met and talked to threw this hobby, never would have met them with out it.

underwaterfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite part of reefing is the relaxation it brings while watching the fish and other inhabitants. It is very peaceful to just sit and watch all of the life that exists in the tank. Even before we had fish and corals I could stare at the live rock alone for hours!

butts182

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there is no way i can pick just one favorite thing about the hobby...but if i had to try i would say the enjoyment i get from watching the inhabitants (fish, corals, inverts, etc.) interacting and growing is my favorite thing

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite part of reefing is the sense of accomplishment you get when your corals and fish thrive. I also love watching the interaction between the different fish.

xgame2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is how expensive it can be. I hate money and love giving it away.

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is getting corals as frags and watching them grow into full colonies and fragging them and passing them on to fellow reefers.

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's NOT to love about this hobby accept maybe how much money I've spent. I think my favorite part of the hobby is the personal satisfaction I get of seeing my inhabitants THRIVE, not just survive. To see great coral growth, spawning events in a captive environment, and fish that are fat and healthy and seem completely content their surroundings is the coolest thing.

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have many favorite things about this hobby, but one of my favorite things is collecting corals. I always like getting a really rare coral,even if it is a frag,and watching it grow. It is so exciting when you favorite chalice starts as 1 eye and 6 months later it is 4!

spscrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
right now it is finally seeing that my corals are growing and getting color and that my fish are finally accepting the new neon star damsels & falco hawkfish I added last week. it is nice to be able to enjoy things a bit instead of worrying about nitrates or algae or how to get rid of them etc etc. it's also nice that no matter how bad I think my tank looks that when someone comes over they are simply amazed by it. helps when new eyes take a look!

Hyprviperx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love the relaxation i get from looking at the tank. i also love seeing the symbiotic relationships i.e. pistol/goby, anemone/clown etc. theyre so cool

cparka23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm partial to the colors of the animals we keep and the unusual patterns that you'll find in their structures.

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tough to call-

I love being able to sit in front of my tank for hours on ends and just inspect each little variety of light/color/life/structure that goes on in the tank. Appreciating the plating structure of coralline algae or the polyp form differences between the sps's, all that stuff is just great.

At the same time, I get the most satisfaction of growing out and fragging corals- that I'm able to help life grow and thrive and then spread it to more people just gives me the same sort of satisfied feeling I get when I build something.

Acroholic

There is no substitute.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is the opportunity to watch a small coral frag grow into a large colony over time.

georgiadawg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is watching the fish and corals thrive and grow and being able to frag them and pass them along to others to enjoy.I also enjoy learning something new about the hobby everyday from fellow reefers and seeing their setups and their they aqua scape and arrange their corals.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite part about this hobby is the collection of rare corals and watching them grow!I love buying rare and interesting pieces and watching them grow so I can spread the love of them!haha!

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What really keep me interested is the fact that we don't have a firm understanding on what is in 90% of the oceans. So if 70% of the earth is covered by Oceans it's like the entire Earth is undiscovered. I love having a piece of the ocean in my home and learning more and more about the earth that we really know so little about.

firereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite?..... Hmmmm.. Too many to list;)

I would have to say, the family type environment that r2r has to offer. After losing a loved one to SIDS, r2r reached out and helped me financially and mentally. Knowing that people around the world has your back is amazing. Even the simple fact that most of the people who donated for my daughter were complete strangers. +5 r2r

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is building the reef. I try to DIY as many components of the system as possible. And by the time I've got nothing left to build I know its time for an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back