Falco Hawkfish and Invertabrates

Porcupine Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I got a question to anyone who owns a falco hawkfish, do they predate on invertabrates such as nassarius snails? The reason for this question is because I am currently servicing a guys tank and it has a medium sized falco hawkfish, and I was wanting the nassarius snails to turn over the sand. The tank is currently battling massive amounts of hair algae that's the long kind. The current live stock in the tank is the mentioned falco hawkfish, sixline wrasse, blue hippo tang, and clown fish. This tank looks to be 75 gallons, the planned stocking for future livestock would be one pincushion urchin, hermit crabs, nassarius snails, possibly emerald crab, and foxface rabbit fish.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has never even looked at a snail sideways... The vast majority of nassarius snails are nocturnal (the orange spotted ones will occasionally venture out during the day, but the regular grey ones generally stay buried until nightfall).

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a long nose & a falco hawkfish (still have a longnose), they fancy shrimp from my experiences, but left inverts alone. Also as said above nassarius snails are usually a lights out creature unless the know a healthy chunk of food is out and then its like watching the dead rise.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back