Fangtooth moray for smaller tank.

Draven

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up a 60 gallon I bought can't really decide what to do with it. Would any fangtooth morays work in it. I like the Yellow heads but I think they need about 90 gals. Could a grey face work or maybe even a golden banana moray?

OP
OP
Draven

Draven

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you currently keep eels? My wife loves the idea, but I don’t want to find one on the floor.
Never kept one for that same reason but this tank does have a tight mesh lid so I thought I could be a possibility

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ones you listed are among the smallest eels in that group, I believe. 2 foot range?

Would it be the only fish? What are the tank's dimensions?

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say that because of the length, your main choice in moray eels would most likely be the golden dwarf moray, they grow about a feet and would definitely look good in that type of tank, the bigger eels which are 2 feet such as the jewel, snow flake, chain link, skeletors would or might find problems with the length

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up a 60 gallon I bought can't really decide what to do with it. Would any fangtooth morays work in it. I like the Yellow heads but I think they need about 90 gals. Could a grey face work or maybe even a golden banana moray?
Yellow heads are big! In a 60 you will probably want to stick to a small eel. The dwarf golden morays are super hard to find. Why fangtooth? Any fish you could keep in a 60 would probably be food at one point.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 29.0%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back